Gymnastic Coach - Ivybridge
Do you enjoy teaching, coaching, and moulding the future sports stars of tomorrow?
We are recruiting for a Gymnastics Coach, which might just be the job for you.
Our Sports Coaches inspire a passion for sport in others. As a Gymnastics Coach, you will lead, motivate and build the gymnastics skills and knowledge of a whole host of people, from a range of backgrounds, abilities and ages. You will welcome everyone and have a natural ability to build rapport and trust, whilst running sessions effectively and efficiently, and setting realistic goals.
We are passionate about delivering the best customer service and getting your community active. Every Fusion team member plays their part, working within a diverse and dynamic team in a fast paced environment.
Some of the responsibilities of this role include (but are not limited to):
- Undertaking sessions according to the programme timetable and ensuring classes commence at the designated times
- Providing options and realistic goals that take individual customers’ needs and abilities into account
- Ensuring the efficient and effective operation of sessions, including equipment set up and take down
- Undertaking all administrative tasks associated with the position and assisting in the communication and promotion of the centre’s services
- Undertaking all day to day cleaning and maintenance of the equipment and fittings, to the highest possible standards, bringing to the attention of the Centre Management any faults or major repairs
- Assisting members of the public in their use of the facilities, encouraging maximum usage
- Assisting in the development of programming through innovative ideas and initiating actions to meet the demands of the customers
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with our customers and potential customers
- Ensuring all concerns of a child safeguarding nature are referred in a timely and appropriate manner, in accordance with Fusion’s Safeguarding policy
- Adhering to the Equality and Diversity Policy, Health and Safety procedures, operating procedures, customer service standards and uniform policy at all times
- Maintaining own mandatory qualifications, licensing and CPD/ training requirements
To be successful as a Fusion Sports Coach you will have:
- Level 1 or 2 coaching qualification from relevant governing body
- Experience of working in a comparable role
- Understanding of relevant health and safety legislation
- Understanding of different learning styles
- Excellent communication skills, including listening, questioning and delivering effective feedback and the ability to quickly build trust and rapport with customers
- Strong numerical and written skills
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the customers
We have high expectations of our Sports Coaches and offer a generous benefits package in return for your hard work.
Some of the benefits you may enjoy as a Fusion team member include:
- Up to 22 days’ holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata)
- Free Gym & Swim membership at Fusion centres
- Employer Contribution Pension Scheme
- Discount on Bickels Yard Café F&B products
- Eye test (DSE users)
- Mobile phone discount
- Cycle to work scheme
If you are looking to start or further your career in leisure, within a growing and dynamic company that makes a positive impact on the community, then we want to hear from you.
Click on the link to apply.
PLEASE NOTE: This role is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview.
Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.