Camp Counselor - USA
Camp Counselor - USA
If you love working with children and feel confident with teaching or coaching then the Summer Camp Counselor role is for you.
What is a Camp Counselor? Being a Camp Counselor is like no other job placement. As a Summer Camp Counselor, you’ll be living in a bunk with the campers and your role during the day will be to accompany and supervise your group throughout their schedule - joining in with all the fun and games. Arguably the most important job at camp, a great General Counselor will have strong all-round skills and ideally will be able to lead one or more specific activities at camp too.
Every day will bring you wonderful bizarre experiences and adventures. By the time you’re back, you’ll never be short of an interesting story to tell your mates. Whilst your role at summer camp is certainly going to keep you very busy each day, it's the most incredible and rewarding role you’ll ever have.
Summer camp in America is one of the most accessible ways to work and travel abroad. However, there are some criteria which you need to meet in order to fulfil the Camp Counselor job. To be a Camp Counselor this summer you must;
- Have a clean criminal background
- Be available over the summer - between June 19th and August 20th as a minimum.
- Be over the age of 18 by the time you attend camp
Advantages of working as a Camp Counselor
- The best summer of your life: It really is that simple. This is your chance to have an experience that you’ll never get anywhere else. Your adventure will stay with you for the rest of your life. You’ll never forget your legendary summer in America.
- CV Enhancement: Make yourself stand out. By working at camp, you’ll gain over 800 hours of hands on experience working with children in an international setting. Recognised by Employers, get yourself noticed and have fun doing it.
- Mates from around the world: We send participants from 16 countries around the world, offering you the chance to make incredible friendships with people from far flung places like Canada, the Czech Republic and Venezuela. We’ve no doubt you’ll develop a passion for travel if you haven’t already and having a couch or two to sleep on during your next round the world trip really comes in handy.
, the USA is all yours for the taking, from San Fran to NYC and everywhere in between.
Why should I be a Camp Counselor?
- Camp Counselor jobs are for anyone who wants to have a unique experience and spend three rewarding months working with children in an extraordinary setting.
- Becoming a Camp Counselor pushes you to be a better person, you walk away from the summer as a problem solver, a communicator and a team player.
- Be a Camp Counselor this May and become a role model, challenge your comfort zone and have an absolute blast whilst doing it.