Service (Duty) Manager - London
- Job Type
- Full Time
Do you have great organisational skills and a flair for Heartfelt customer service?
We’re looking for a Service Manager who will ensure every one of our members’ visits is as convenient and enjoyable as possible during their shift. You’ll support every department, ensuring perfect execution of daily club operations whilst on shift, so that all facilities and equipment are clean, safe, well presented and functional in line with our brand standards at all times.
- Be responsible for opening or closing the club, adhering to company procedures & checklists.
- Ensure the smooth running & timeliness of all operations within the club whilst on shift, including studio classes, inductions, events and all appointments.
- Ensure brand standards, H&S, cleanliness & a good working use of all facilities.
- Continual interaction with members & maintaining a club presence whilst on shift, being proactive and anticipating issues before they arise.
- Ensure adequate staff coverage in all departments and deal with any staffing issues to arrange cover or personally conduct breaks.
- Ensure that all pool users are safe by managing Lifeguard resources appropriately, covering breaks & rota gaps personally conducting lifeguard duties.
- Take ownership of member feedback to resolve any problems through relevant HoD.
- Person in charge for any Emergency situation; including First Aid requirements, Fire Evacuations etc.
- Line management of Lifeguard and Membercare team; including recruitment, training, development & performance management, as well as rota’s, payroll & day to day management.
This is a full time role working 40 hours per week, 5 days out of 7. Flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business. Shift times vary to suit club opening times and include 'earlies' (6am-2pm), 'lates' (2.30pm-10:30pm) and weekend shifts as well as bank holidays. The successful candidate will need to be available for the full complexity of shifts, which are on a rota basis.
What we can’t live without:
Friendly & approachable, we’re looking for someone with a hands on approach who can work well under pressure and thrives in a fast paced environment.
Requirements of successful candidate:
- Operational experience in a customer facing environment.
- Excellent communication skills & a professional demeanour at all times.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Either a Lifeguard Qualification or a confident swimming ability & willingness to take the course within the first month of starting.
In return for your expertise, we’ll support you in this new challenge with coaching & development every step of the way. Also, to reward your hard work you’ll get:
- Virgin Tribe – discounts on loads of Virgin products & services
- Great personal development through our in-house Management Development programme ‘Evolve’. Upon completion, you’ll receive a Level 3 Diploma in Management Development accredited by the Institute of Leadership Management.
- Complimentary VA health club membership for you & a buddy!
- Discretionary annual bonus of up to 10% of salary
- Discount on loads of Virgin products & services
- Salary Finance – financial wellbeing
- Tax free childcare vouchers scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme