Commis Chef - Richmond
Tap On The LineThe Tap on the Line is a traditional station pub, busily serving breakfast, lunch and dinner every day. The customers here range from young families enjoying a leisurely breakfast, to time-wary commuters with a train to catch. Are you ready for the pace of a premium pub kitchen?
Join us in the role of Commis Chef and enjoy the fast pace of our busy kitchen – as you help to prepare the fresh food that keeps customers coming back.
You’ll be working alongside a first-class team of talented chefs to create something really special. And because we take food seriously at Fuller’s, you’ll always be working with fresh, seasonal, local ingredients too.
- Commitment to guaranteeing a minimum of 16 hours part time and 40 hours full time per week
- Enjoy the camaraderie of the kitchen
- Build your kitchen skills and develop your catering career
- Benefit from a competitive salary and great discounts including 20% in all Fuller's pubs!
- Development programmes to kick start your career
For those who can ‘stand the heat’, life in the kitchen is extremely exciting. It’s fast-paced, challenging work, but offers a real sense of reward and endless career opportunities. In this role you will be supporting the Head Chef to develop their dishes and will learn a great deal in the process.
As a Commis Chef, you’ll largely be preparing ingredients to help the senior chefs. It’s a great way to develop your career, allowing you to hone your talent and learn diverse cooking styles and techniques that will develop your repertoire.
You won’t be expected to have exceptional food knowledge just yet, but it’s crucial you have basic cookery skills and share our passion for fresh produce.
And we’re interested in your personality too. Your potential, your commitment and your ability to work under pressure is every bit as important to us as your knife-handling skills.
- You must be an excellent team player
- You’ll thrive on the hectic pace of the kitchen
- You’ll have real enthusiasm for fresh food
Please understand that we will also need proof of your right to work in the UK.