Deputy Manager - Gloucester
Deputy Manager - The Thatch Inn, Gloucester
£Competitive + Performance Bonus
The Thatch Inn, built in the 14th Century, situated in the Quedgeley district of Gloucester. Recently acquired by the Hatton Collection the Thatch will be completely refurbished in early 2019. An English Country Inn with Log fires, low beams, excellent British Food, Real Ale, 23 bedrooms and is a relaxed, cosy and welcoming place to visit.
Working with the Chef Manager to:
- Recruit and train the front of house team.
- Introduce a new food and beverage offer in conjunction with the refurbishment
- Create an environment where customers leave feeling that little bit special
- Active involvement in the management of the 23 bedrooms
What we are looking for
Strong food & beverage background.
Hotel & Bedroom management experience would be beneficial but not essential
A passion for food, drink and of course, great customer experiences
Management & supervisory experience
The ability to communicate at all levels verbally and an excellent command of written English
- An eye for detail
- Skilled in organising and planning
- A desire to keep an open mind and learn every day
- A warm personality
- Vitality and drive
- Has confidence, but not arrogance
What we can offer
- The ability to influence the business and make a real difference
- The opportunity to join a family company that values it’s members and positively encourages talent and ability
- Recognition for achievements and performance
Who are we?
The Hatton Collection is a group of classic hotels and inns located in the Cotswolds, Somerset and Jersey. A family owned and run business, an eclectic mix of venues, one dating back to the 14th Century, some to the 16th Century, others to the Victorian times and a few from the 20th Century, a true mix of style.
- Hatton Court - a Country House Hotel in Upton St Leonards, The Cotswolds
- The Corner House - a Victorian, budget, boutique hotel in Taunton, Somerset
- Chateau La Chaire - a luxury hotel located in Rozel Bay, Jersey
- The Snooty Fox - a traditional inn located in the centre of Tetbury, The Cotswolds
- The White Hart Inn - a traditional inn located in the centre of Winchcombe, The Cotswolds
- The Beehive - a quintessential English pub, located in Cheltenham, The Cotswolds
- The Rozel - a recently refurbished pub, classically modern, located in Rozel Bay, Jersey
- The Thatch Inn - Very recently acquired, traditional country Inn found in the suburbs of Gloucester
Whether you are working behind the scenes, cleaning rooms, washing up, preparing vegetables, designing graphics, meeting suppliers, working at the pass or pouring a glass of wine and looking after our guests; we all share the same common values and think they are important enough to talk about regularly and share with anyone who begins their career with us.
Reasons to work for us
- We reward
- We invest in your training
- We understand that a career path is not always a straight one
- Job satisfaction is important to us
- A job you can boast about
In addition we offer:
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free meals on duty
- Opportunities for rewards and bonus - depending on your role
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme
You must have the right to live and work in the UK and be fluent in both written and spoken English and be able to attend interviews in Gloucestershire. We can assist with local living accommodation.