Sous Chef - Edinburgh
Sous Chef - Indigo Yard Edinburgh
Since 1996, Indigo Yard bar and restaurant has provided the perfect setting to enjoy the best food and drink in Edinburgh's West End. With a rustic style, and a superlative selection of beer, wine and cocktails, we work with the very best and local producers across our menu. Indigo Yard is where to eat in Edinburgh in the city centre and West End.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Sous Chef or someone looking to move forward in their career.
Sous Chef Responsibilities:
- In Head Chef absence as a Sous Chef you will be responsible for the maintaining driving consistently high standards of produce
- Help in recruitment and training of junior members of staff
- Daily Stock Control ordering
- Input into all areas of kitchen management inc all KPI targets such as GP %, environmental health issues and menu design
Sous Chef Skill Requirements:
- Have experience in a similarly high quality operation
- Possess a passion, knowledge for food and willingness to learn
- Be driven and focussed on first class standards across every aspect of the operation
- Have shown loyalty and longevity throughout their career
- Have excellent planning and organisational skills
- Have excellent personal presentation and be consummately professional at all times
- Leadership, Management & Positivity.
- Ability to Work Under Pressure
- Creative Problem-Solving Skills
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
Holidays: 28 days holiday per annum
We offer a competitive rate of pay, career development opportunities, personal development and a friendly, social working environment.