Pub Team Member - Newcastle Upon Tyne
We have an exciting opportunity for a Pub Team Member to join our highly successful team in Newcastle where you will receive a competitive salary plus amazing benefits which include FREE parking, FREE membership to our state of the art gyms, excellent holiday allowance as well as discounted food & beverage and stays in our hotels.
As our Pub Team Member you will know and understand what it means to deliver amazing hospitality and will thrive on the challenge of always exceeding guest’s expectations. You will be expected to achieve a level of service through the constant monitoring of our established brand standards. As a result you should be highly attentive to detail and be capable of delivering consistent standards. You should have a can do attitude. In this type of industry teamwork is key; you should be a strong team player willing to lend a hand wherever needed.
You must have experience in a similar environment with the knowledge and confidence to deliver the role described below.
As a Pub Team Member you will:
- deliver an outstanding public house and dining experience for locals and hotel guest to enjoy a great range of drinks and a fantastic, freshly produced menu. make your service smooth, confident and tailored to every individual that walks in the door. achieve this by having a can do attitude, understanding all brand-standards, reading your customers. Be open to change and see it as a positive. You thrive in positive feedback from guests and strive to make every experience in the Public House a special one.
- Love working as a team and have a positive attitude, when working you support your colleagues across all F&B departments. Love self development and enjoy coaching and supporting new staff. Be able to have fun on shift but know what needs to be done to deliver the band promise.
- Take pride in cleanliness and organisation on shift, understanding that preparation is the key to a smooth shift. Be proud of your bar and know that your contribution is a large one when it comes to the overall operations of the Public House. Be mindful of Health and Safety and Food Safety on shift at all times and are well presented for every shift.
- cater for all, for those wanting a couple of drinks and great food, to parties, those wanting to enjoy sport on the big screen, a quiz night live music or a celebratory meal, ensuring that the service is memorable as we build our reputation as ‘the place to be’. Understand and deliver your drinks, menu and wine list as well as supporting centrally driven drinks promotions. Be a host who meets and greets. Quite often you will be the first point of communication your guest will encounter (first impressions last) Use excellence, married with appropriate levels of informality and fun ‘read a guest’ and deliver what they need, plus a bit more
- Add value to overall hotel performance through teamwork and your understand that every ‘up sell’ and ‘suggestive sell’ can support the whole hotel profitability
Why choose Village?
We operate at the luxury/lifestyle end of the market with typically 110/160 bedrooms. Each of our hotels is equipped with fantastic leisure and dining facilities. They also have a Starbucks, meeting rooms and conference facilities. We work towards the highest levels of guest satisfaction; as such you will be part of an award winning team who deliver amazing hospitality constantly. As an expanding company with new hotels in the pipeline we are in a unique position to offer fantastic career progression backed up by training and development at every step of the way.
If you are truly passionate about a career in hotels and would like to work for a company that gives you job security, supportive management, a great team spirit and a real feeling of inclusiveness then Village Hotels is the place for you.
Our values and behaviours (inspirational, driven, commercial, detailed and resilient) demonstrate our passion for giving our guests an excellent experience and our staff the best career opportunities.
Apply now to be our Pub Team Member