Fitness Team Leader - Kent
We have an exciting opportunity for a Leisure Group Fitness Team Leader to join our highly successful team in Maidstone where you will receive a competitive salary plus amazing benefits which include FREE parking, FREE membership to our state of the art gyms, excellent holiday allowance as well as discounted food & beverage and stays in our hotels.
As our Leisure Group Fitness Team Leader you will know and understand what it means to deliver amazing hospitality and will thrive on the challenge of always exceeding guest’s expectations. You will be expected to achieve a level of service through the constant monitoring of our established brand standards. As a result you should be highly attentive to detail and be capable of delivering consistent standards. You should have a can do attitude. In this type of industry teamwork is key; you should be a strong team player willing to lend a hand wherever needed.
You must have experience in a similar environment with the knowledge and confidence to deliver the role described below combined with a passion for delivering exceptional service through your team.
As a Leisure Group Fitness Team Leader you will:
· Your role is to assist the Leisure Club Manager in delivering the highest possible standards whilst being responsible for the day to day running of all the aerobics/exercise classes.
· Be a lively and well organised individual focused on coordinating the day to day running over 80+ group fitness classes per week, ensuring total commitment to Leisure Club Members and guests, providing a quality product to all users.
· Achieve this by continuous assessment, review and coaching of all our instructors, internal or freelance.
· Demonstrate a great interest in the latest leisure industry trends. You are able to build up a class programme to suit all our members/guests needs and requirements.
- Devise, implement and promote a class timetable (agreed with the Leisure Club Manager) which supports the company’s objective of consistently delivering excellent standards of service and meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Ensure all equipment is clean and working correctly and that all areas used for classes are maintained to a high standard of cleanliness. Report any defects to the maintenance department.
- Assist members and prospective members in a friendly, courteous and professional manner.
- Monitor Member and guest satisfaction using reflective feedback (ad hoc and using external benchmarking tools).
- In the absence of the Leisure Club Manager deal with complaints / problems politely and make every effort to resolve these.
- Provide vision, motivate and evaluate individuals and teams. Role model our standards relentlessly. Your enthusiasm is infectious and catching!
- Support in the recruitment, induction and training individuals. Assist in the day to day rotas, coaching & performance reviews, developing individuals to excel in their own role and have potential for career progression within Village. Communicate focus areas, targets, and updates.
- Assist and support the Leisure Club Manager in delivering the clubs targets and ensure stocks are controlled e.g. steps, ropes and sports equipment. Treat the business as if it were your own.
- Assist the Leisure Club Manager in delivering training including all Leisure Club related Health & Safety obligations and Licensing Laws.
Why choose Village?
We operate at the luxury/lifestyle end of the market with typically 110/160 bedrooms. Each of our hotels is equipped with fantastic leisure and dining facilities. They also have a Starbucks, meeting rooms and conference facilities. We work towards the highest levels of guest satisfaction; as such you will be part of an award winning team who deliver amazing hospitality constantly. As an expanding company with new hotels in the pipeline we are in a unique position to offer fantastic career progression backed up by training and development at every step of the way.
If you are truly passionate about a career in hotels and would like to work for a company that gives you job security, supportive management, a great team spirit and a real feeling of inclusiveness then Village Hotels is the place for you.
Our values and behaviours (inspirational, driven, commercial, detailed and resilient) demonstrate our passion for giving our guests an excellent experience and our staff the best career opportunities.
Apply now to be our Leisure Group Fitness Team Leader