Sales Manager - Chelmsford
Sales Manager - Chelmsford
Must have previous target driven selling experience
Reporting to: General Manager
- Responsible for providing awesome customer service to all prospects, and ensuring that expectations are exceeded on a daily basis both during the pre sale period and once the club has opened.
- Responsible for achieving a pre-determined sales target on a monthly basis. As well as also being responsible for achieving any other targets relating to other areas such as prospects generated, calls held and appointments booked (key performance indicators).
- To act as an ambassador for Sweat! and to promote, organize and arrange new memberships, through an honest and accurate sales process which leads to the members joining on the best options for them every time, as well as maintaining and increasing satisfaction through building relationships with all Sweat members.
- To ensure that the pre sales suite looks immaculate at all times and that you provide all prospects with a warm welcome and fond farewell.
- Be accountable for individual sales for an assigned club or pre sale period and achieve an individual sales budget on a monthly basis.
- Be accountable for overall club sales target by managing individual Sweat! Sponsors on kpi’s as stated above.
- Contribute the highest sales performance level in order for the membership sales team as a whole to achieve the minimum requirement of an on budget performance.
- Ensure that all targets, forecasts and goals set for activity levels in each area are reached to achieve the required number of membership sales.
- Support and work with marketing strategies and initiatives whilst liaising with all other departments (particularly fitness) to integrate the selling process with the prospect/member.
- Produce monthly activity plans to ensure the sales team (and other departments where necessary) are driving sales activity.
- Monitor and track all personal and club sales results and activity levels on a regular daily basis, using the correct procedure and systems.
- Partake in outreach and In reach daily to ensure you are driving the required amount of prospects.
- Follow up on all prospects that do not join and understand their objections, do your best to overcome them.
- Ensure that all your new joiners receive their welcome pack and stock levels are tightly controlled.
- Seek to understand where your members are coming from, who they would wish to refer and how best we can emulate success.
- Raise your hand if you feel you need additional training to successfully generate prospects and/or convert them ethically to members.
- Work towards your team and individual targets and support team members whenever possible.
- Be responsible for selling all types and categories of membership dependent upon the prospects needs as well as selling corporate memberships to prospects within businesses within the immediate locality of the club.
- Be accountable for the correct completion of all membership paperwork and liaise closely with all areas of administration to ensure membership application procedures are adhered to.
- Weekend work and late hours may be required and duties must be perform to the required standards in order to achieve an above budget performance for the number of membership sales.
- Be proud, be punctual and be responsible and reliable. Make it your business to be a committed member of the team.
- Be responsible for your personal time management that in turn ensures that the pre sales suite and club when open, is manned at the correct levels at the correct times.
- Take pride in your personal presentation and adhere to the uniform policy at all times.
- Keep abreast of information on all club facilities, programs and social events in order to ensure you are fully aware of what is going on across the club and are able to update members and prospects as you need to.
- Attend any training courses and meetings which will enable you to carry out your role successfully.
- Maintain a positive, productive working relationship with all other staff.
- Help to create an environment where all employees enjoy themselves whilst at work and make a real contribution to the success of the club and business as a whole.
- Be proactive, use your initiative and take ownership of situations. Be solution orientated!
- Aim at all times to give the best possible service to members and prospective members, helping to create a warm, friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
- Be fully involved in the creation of a fun, lively and creative atmosphere for all members.
- Handle prospect enquiries, ensuring efficiency and accuracy at all times.
- Be aware of the importance of member retention and understand your role in influencing members who you have joined to the club and built relationships with.
- Be fully supportive in the effective running of your club and consistently deliver exceptional levels of customer service to all members and prospects.
- Endeavor to make sure all members you join are satisfied with the join up procedure and further use of the club.
- Be passionate about keeping yourself, other employees, our members, and the club safe at all times by making sure you fully understand and carry out your Health and Safety responsibilities.
- Let your manager know immediately if an accident does occur, or even if one is narrowly avoided to prevent further incidents happening in future.
- Proactively anticipate potential safety hazards and be prepared to undertake any emergency actions required.
- Your hours of work will be as per your offer letter and flexibility is required to meet the needs of our business. Variable shifts to include evenings and weekends are the norm, some later evenings may be required on occasion.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Employees are responsible and accountable for:
- Compliance with workplace policies and procedures for risk identification, risk assessment and risk control
- Active participation in activities associated with the management of workplace health and safety
- Identification and reporting of health and safety risks, accidents, incidents, injuries and property damage at the workplace
- Correct utilisation of appropriate personal protective equipment