CHALET HOTEL MANAGER
Job Role Summary:
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job, it's a lifestyle! Spend the winter season based in one of our beautiful European ski resorts where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love.
You'll be working hard, but the work is fun and there's always plenty of time to play! As a Chalet Hotel Manager, you will consistently encourage, motivate and get the best from your hotel team to ensure that our guests have an amazing holiday experience.
You will be driven to smash your revenue and service quality targets whilst smoothly managing all departments within your hotel operation effectively.
We are always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact, that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Guest relations – You will have the ability to create and maintain a welcoming, comfortable environment within the hotel, and to provide guests with information, help and guidance to ensure a high standard of customer service.
- Guest feedback – You will closely monitor all guest feedback to ensure that the service provided to guests is meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Training – To take responsibility for organising, coordinating and delivering pre-season staff training.
- To be proactive in dealing with any additional training requirements in order to boost service scores.
- KPI’s and Objectives – To set and monitor staff objectives.
- Day to day management – You will manage your team, monitoring staff performance along with income and feedback targets.
- Coordination of all staff work rosters and rostered days off along with payroll information.
- Development of the team – To manage, motivate and develop your teams throughout the season.
- To monitor/control budgets and expenditure with accurate and timely financial accounting.
- Bar and ski pack sales – Drive and monitor the sales of drinks in the bar and ski pack sales. Set targets for staff and monitoring these throughout the season.
- Stock control – To take responsibility for the management of ordering and purchasing within the hotel including stock orders, levels, stock takes and to monitor/recording all wastage.
- Cleanliness of hotel - To ensuring all areas of the hotel are cleaned and maintained on a daily, weekly and seasonal basis in accordance with company standards.
- Guest dining – Deliver a varied menu on a 6-day basis as provided by the UK team, and constantly improve methods so as to maintain a fresh approach to food preparation and service.
- Be safe - Remain compliant with all health & safety audits and to ensure that you provide your team with a safe working environment at all times.
- Demonstrate an excellent overall knowledge of the Neilson product and pro-actively cross-sell our holidays to all Neilson guests.
- Supplier relations – To build an excellent working relationship with all third-party suppliers and to monitor the services that they provide in order to exceed customer expectations and UK KPI’s.
- In resort paperwork and branding – Ensure all customer documentation and in-resort, branding complies with company guidelines and is up to date.
- NME – proactively advertise Neilson Mountain Expert sessions throughout the week, encouraging guests to attend and invite open feedback on the service delivered.
- Previous team management, customer service and sales experience
- Numerical Aptitude
- Experience of work overseas desirable
- Ski or boarding experience desirable
- Educated to at least GCSE standard
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Able to work under pressure and to targets
- Able to work on own initiative and follow written and verbal instructions
To join the Neilson Active Holidays team, you must be over the age of 18 and in order for us to acquire the necessary legal paperwork required to place you in an overseas position you must:
- Hold a valid UK, EU, EEA or Swiss passport
- Hold a UK National Insurance number
- Currently be registered to a fixed address within England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
PLEASE NOTE: Regrettably, if you are currently registered to a fixed address in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, it is not possible for us to obtain the necessary legal paperwork required to post you overseas at this time.
- Clean and tidy appearance
- Approachable, welcoming, professional and enthusiastic
- Highly motivated
- Organised and punctual