Assistant Kitchen Manager / Sous Chef - Enfield
Assistant Kitchen Manager / Sous Chef
Are you looking for a career at a great pub serving classic pub dishes within a Company that are looking for Kitchen Managers of the future? Great! We are currently recruiting for a motivated and driven Assistant Kitchen Manager/ Sous Chef to join our team.
The Plough is situated in Crews Hill Enfield and is in a busy part of town with the gardens centre on our door step, This is a lovely local in which to spend time with friends and family, by the fire when it’s chilly or soaking up the rays in the garden on sunny days. Join us for some quality family time at our famous and spectacular Sunday roasts or any other time for hand-crafted local real ales, fine wines and lots of smiles! This pub is not for the faint hearted with average of over 1800 covers a week.
As part of McMullen’s McFayre concept we deliver classic pub dishes, alongside some more contemporary food. We are proud of our reputation within the area for being a great community pub and as Assistant Kitchen Manager / Sous Chef you will help lead the team to deliver quality food to our guests.
The Plough is part of the McMullen family, who make decisions for the long term. We believe in looking after our teams, and creating a positive working atmosphere. On top of a competitive salary we can offer:-
- Good accommodation
- 50% discounted meal when you are working
- 25% discount card for you and your friends on your days off
- Lots of reward and recognition opportunities including our now famous annual go-karting event
- An award winning training and development programme helping you to achieve the next level if you want to!
Key Responsibilities for the Role
- Delivering the food concept to Company standard and exceeding guest expectations
- All aspects of food stock control including ordering, deliveries, stock taking and control of wastage
- Supporting the Kitchen Manager in the smooth running of the kitchen and deputising in their absence
- Training and developing the kitchen team so that they can reach their potential
- All aspects of Food Safety and Health & Safety compliance in accordance with the law and Company policy
Previous experience of working within a busy kitchen is essential.
You must be keen to develop, willing to take on responsibility and remain calm under pressure. You will also need to be eligible to work in the UK with a valid UK bank account and NI number.
Are you a Kitchen Manager of the future? If so please apply today and we will be in touch.