Receptionist and Events Coordinator - Windermere
Receptionist and Events Coordinator - The Ryebeck Hotel, Bowness-on-Windermere
Live In Possible
The Ryebeck, Bowness on Windermere, is a beautiful Edwardian country house, commanding panoramic views of Windermere and the distant Coniston Fells from the seclusion of its own mature wooded grounds with a two AA Rosetted Restaurant and 26 bedrooms offering unassuming country styling.
Description – Receptionist and Events Co-Ordinator:
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated Receptionist and Events Co-Ordinator, who we anticipate will have worked in a similar role within the hospitality industry. You will be a team player, have excellent communication skills and attention to detail to deliver outstanding quality and service.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a renowned hotel in the heart of the Lake District and be part of one of the UK’s most exciting hotel groups.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- To carry out reception duties including managing the effective booking and welcome of guests, dealing with guest issues and complaints and working with the reception team.
- Run events on the day, ensuring everything runs smoothly and your clients enjoy the perfect day with the hotel.
- Answer all incoming calls and handle caller’s inquiries whenever possible.
- To act as the first point of contact with internal and external customers.
- Ensuring the reception area is always pristine and above all welcoming.
- To take voucher bookings, restaurant bookings, room bookings, event bookings.
- To actively convert sales and events enquiries into confirmed sales, develop future and repeat business and contribute to the profitability to the company.
- Pro-actively identify customer needs and provide solutions to match them.
- Deal with accounts for payments received/made, invoices/refunds and dealing with any customer account queries.
- Showing potential clients around the venue, discussing events requirements.
- To assist with the management of the events enquiry log and yearly diary and ensure that all events are diarized including all details when requested.
- To assist and create function reports to front of house and Chef detailing items required for the function to agreed timescale and in time for weekly event meetings.
- To coordinate all customer requests and ensure customer requirements are communicated to F&B teams. To check that entertainment and other miscellaneous items have been requested.
- To develop relationships with customer, from initial telephone enquiry, viewings, through to the event.
- To assist with all event administration including enquiry, booking forms against a set of terms and conditions.
- To assist with the provision of meeting room items such as paper, stationary, literature, pull-ups etc. for Day Delegates, meetings and conferences.
- Work in a busy environment which requires a consistency in customer service, flexibility and being able to work well under pressure.
Other skills you will need to demonstrate include:
- An organised approach to work and time-management.
- Self-motivated, showing initiative and responsibility.
- Team worker, with flexibility to work with others to achieve targets.
- Ability to coordinate multiple events, tasks and responsibilities and remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to manage own workload within given deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with people from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Good level of literacy and numeracy.
- A confident, outward-looking, proactive communicator.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A high standard of personal presentation.
In return you will receive:
- Competitive rates of pay + tips
- Five-day week on rota
- 28 days paid holiday
- Contributory Pension
- Evening meals
- Live-in accommodation is also available on request
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in a similar role.
- Understanding of the demands, service standards and day to day operations of a hospitality venue.
- Knowledge of and awareness of Health and Safety policy and practice.