General Manager - Manchester
General Manager - Central Manchester
We are currently recruiting for our location in Central Manchester
At Veeno we love to have nothing more than having enthusiastic and engaging General Managers, leading our teams to the finest of results from Guest Experience to financials!
Could that person be you! If you think ‘YES!’ then please read on!
Our managers are people who love to look after our guests. Those people who love seeing other people happy. Making guests feel completely at home and that nothing is too much effort. Managers who love to go the extra mile with their guests and teams to ensure they have the best site possible.
We have a superb range of wines from our own vineyard in Sicily (Yes, really! Our own Vineyard!), and to go alongside our amazing selection of wines we have some of the finest Italian Spuntini (little Italian plates – made up of cured meats, cheeses and other favourable Italian treats – lets not even mention the boards we do!).
We also host fantastic wine tastings for guests and groups, where we love to give people a real taste of Sicily – a varied selection of wines for them to try, hosted by a trained barista or manager to give them the best experience imaginable, all led by the great personalities that represent each Veeno.
We are a growing company, so career progression is available if that is something that you’re wanting! We have so many opportunities and love nothing more than to develop our teams internally.
No day is ever the same at Veeno. That is something that we can guarantee!
Manager Job Description.
- To meet the specified service and hospitality standards as measured by established performance ratings such as mystery diner and guest feedback.
- To actively enhance the overall guest experience through personal interaction with the guests.
- To be accountable to lead the improvement of service and hospitality delivery based on customer and business reporting.
- To be accountable for the recruitment of the team members in line with the resourcing plan and specified recruitment criteria using the company recruitment processes.
- To consider and positively impact the health & wellbeing of colleagues and team members.
- To ensure each team member passes their training.
- To ensure that all team members are enrolled in and complete the relevant compliance training.
- To meet all service and quality KPIs.
- To identify high performers & potential candidates for management and develop them using company training and development tools.
- To maximise team performance through managing, engaging and coaching the managers and team members.
- To actively and positively encourage team work.
- To hold regular team meetings.
- To be accountable for decision making in the site.
- To drive for positive resolutions of issues arising in the site and ensure the relevant people are kept informed (e.g. your area manager and relevant department in head office).
- To pro-actively seek ways to prevent issues re-occurring.
- To keep colleagues and team members well informed of relevant updates from your Area Manager and head office.
- To minimise misunderstandings by ensuring that all messages are communicated clearly and are understood by guests and colleagues
- To deliver year on year sales growth and budgeted profit.
- To maintain costs in line with budget by producing sales forecasts.
- To prevent theft through being diligent and the application of company security standards.
- To lead the site team to maximise team performance.
- To be accountable for ensuring that the site and the managers and team members are compliant in all aspects of the law and that all hospitality, operational, Health & Safety and Food Safety standards are followed.
- To improve the efficiency of the site based on relevant company reporting.
- To continuously improve the site’s operating standards.
- Full Training Schedule prior to taking over your Veeno
- Team Development and progression
- Team Benefits Scheme
- Team Building and Manager Nights Out
- Generous Store Discount in any of our sites
- Career Opportunities (we are a growing company so there are a lot of opportunities to grow alongside the business)