Junior Sommelier - London
7 days left
- Job Type
- Full Time
Junior Sommelier - St James, London
We are currently searching for an experienced, passionate and exceptionally focused Junior Sommelier to join our fantastic team at our main restaurant Laurent at Cafe Royal.
Laurent at Café Royal is our new grill and sushi bar by internationally renowned chef Laurent Tourondel. An open kitchen and grill offers the finest grilled meat and fish, most of which are sourced here in the UK; whilst our brand new sushi masters prepare the hotels first ever sushi, sashimi and raw fish offering from the sushi bar.
As a Junior Sommelier you will of course be passionate about service, with an exceptional knowledge of Wines and Champagne. You will support our team of Sommeliers with the development of our teams wine knowledge, conducting regular training and wine tasting sessions.
With an internationally recognised wine training, our sommelier team is continuously developed and trained to deliver the best service experience to our guests’, including WSET accreditation.
- A natural elegance and passion for providing a luxurious level of servicethat is personalised, confident and calm
- An extensive background in a similar role as a Junior Sommelier or Wine Specialist, ideally gained within a luxury hotel, a fine dining restaurant or the like
- Your communication skills will be exceptional with the confidence to build strong working relationships and connect with guests visiting us from all over the world - fluent level of spoken English is essential and another language is advantageous
- Immaculate personal grooming
- Flexibility to work evening and weekend shifts
- Competitive base salary + service charge
- On duty meal
- Uniform provided and laundered
- Fantastic training & development opportunities
- Be part of an exciting, up and coming brand in the industry – already a member of ‘Leading Hotels of the World’
- Recognition rewards and Recommend a Friend Bonuses
- Discounted room rates, F&B and spa
Ready to join the team?
Please apply by clicking the 'Email' link. Please ensure to send a cover letter (outlining your suitability for the vacancy) and a resume that is fully up to date and correct.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates.
Apply for Junior Sommelier - London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly