FRONT OF HOUSE (Bar and waiting on staff) - Conwy, Wales
The Erskine Arms is a rustic and traditional foodie pub and inn located in the heart of the Conwy walls serving the finest of fresh locally sourced produce. Over the past 12 months since our doors opened our reputation as a destination for dining in North Wales has continued to grow. Along with our relaxing pub, we also have 10 boutique guest bedrooms creating the perfect retreat in the centre of the town.
We are currently looking for a full time DEPUTY MANAGER to join our team.
With a busy and budding pub comes the daily tasks of attending to each and every need of the customers (and the staff!); dealing with the ordinary and the extraordinary; knowing your ales from both near and far; knowing your dishes and produce as chefs change the menu; taking deliveries, bookings, check-ins, barrel changes. You’ll be there when the manager isn’t or working side-by-side in continuing to grow the Erskine Arms as a must visit pub in the area.
Day’s work aside, we are looking for a responsible deputy manager who thrives off a busy working environment and is both a strong leader as well as a team player. If you’re willing to muck in and get your hands dirty when needed, then you’ll fit right in!
AS DEPUTY MANAGER:
- You will need an outgoing personality, bags of enthusiasm and an ability to get on with anyone and everyone.
- Experience within the hospitality industry is preferred, a love and knowledge of food and drink and especially beer would be a great advantage.
- Experience of dealing with and managing people is a must…the more varied the people the better.
- You need to be a team player and have a passion for working in the industry.
SALARY & REWARD
£24,000 -£26,000 per annum+ generous tips + employee benefits
The company, Stange & Co. is a group of character pubs and hotels independently run in Wirral, North and Mid Wales, that prides itself on its excellent quality food and customer service. If you are looking for a new challenge, have a good work ethic and are passionate about food, and love people, this could be the job for you.
- Discounted accommodation rates at all company sites (50% off for staff and close family and friends at the manager’s discretion)
- Food and beverage discount - 25% off food bill (up to 4 diners)
- Pension scheme- contributory group personal pension scheme
- Meals on duty
- Training and advancement opportunities
- Travel and job swap opportunities within the company
- Flexible working hours
- Christmas staff social event
- 28 days holiday entitlement including bank holidays
If you are interested in being part of our team then please email your CV and covering letter telling us a little bit about yourself and what gets you out of bed in the morning to Ben Jones (General Manager) using the APPLY button. Alternatively you can post it to: The Erskine Arms, Rosehill Street, Conwy, LL32 8LD or just pop into the pub and ask for Ben.