Chef de Partie - Crowne Plaza Newcastle
Do you see yourself as a Chef De Partie?
What's your passion? Whether you're into sports, travelling or relaxing.
At IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do.
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Chef De Partie to join our growing team in The Crowne Plaza, Stephenson Quarter.
The Hotel boasts 251 bedrooms, our impressive meeting & events suite, Hawthorns restaurant and the ever-popular Gin Bar. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced chef to join a fun and friendly kitchen which has a great atmosphere and is an excellent place to learn and grow within your career.
This role requires an experienced Chef de Partie who has a stable career progression to get to where they are today, were looking for quality Chefs who’s background and knowledge of working with good quality, fresh food.
We are proud of every dish we deliver and the ingredients we use.
We are looking for someone with passion, enthusiasm and drive.
Your day to day
We are looking for a Chef De Partie to join our team with experience with a passion for delivering excellent food.
- You will help develop commis and trainee chef’s skills and knowledge within your team.
- Takes a supervisory responsibility of a section of the kitchen brigade in the absence of the kitchen team leader
- Trains front line kitchen staff
- Assists with all hot and cold food preparation, including banquets when necessary
- Helps to organise and maintain work areas, coolers and storage areas
- Prepares work checklist and organises work stations for each shift
- Assists in checking coolers and storage areas for cleanliness, quantity and quality of food products
What we need from you
- Strong Chef de Partie Experience
- Approaches food in a creative way
- Strong culinary skills
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
What we offer
In return we will offer you:
- attractive benefits package
- Competitive salary
- exclusive in house discounts
- Hotel discounts worldwide
- and the opportunity to work with a passionate and dedicated team!
This is a full-time role, and the successful candidate must be able to work between Mon-Sun, and public holidays when required.