Wedding/Events Administrator - Keswick
Wedding/Events Administrator - The Lodore Falls Hotel
The Role - Our friendly sales team, Georgina & Jenna, are looking for a Wedding/ Event Administrator to join them at the Lodore Falls Hotel. Our ideal colleague must be enthusiastic, hardworking & highly organised with an eye for detail & bubbly personality. If you think you have what it takes to work in the Lake District’s newest wedding venue, we would love to hear from you!
Your main responsibility will be to effectively handle all administration duties for the team. This will include dealing with all enquiries from initial stages through to final details, followed by the accurate communication of client requirements to the Operational team prior to the event itself.
Duties, tasks, and responsibilities are listed below:
- To ensure that all administrative processes and system standards are constantly adhered to. Moreover, that all enquiries are accurately entered into company systems in line with set standards and that company policy on credit checking and payment procedures is adhered to.
- Creating accurate quotes and contracts for the couples for their wedding, once booking is confirmed. Confirming all provisional bookings are confirmed within 2 weeks of the dates being booked
- Ensure final payments are received within set timescales and processed accordingly, final payments and deposits
- Building and developing relationships with booked clients and ensuring that you keep in touch, to build rapport and trust by organising meetings with the couples to help understand their requirements and to discuss details for their wedding on an ongoing basis in order for the Food & Beverage team to run it successfully on the day.
What we are looking for in you:
- Have several years’ administration experience and a proven track record of success in a similar role. Ideally you will have experience working in the hotel sector.
- Possess excellent communication skills and build relationships with all departments within the Hotel and Spa to contribute to the smooth running of all events.
- Have flexible working patterns to fit in with the needs of the business to ensure coverage of the Sales office, weekend work will be required
- You will need excellent organisational skills, with excellent attention to detail combined with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Possess strong sales and negotiation skills, problem-solving skills and the ability to deal with the unexpected
- Possess good IT skills to communicate via e-mail, and update company records and databases. Knowledge of MS Office software. Experience in Rezlynx or PMS system preferred
What we can offer you in return:
- Being part of a team that supports and encourages career progression in each other
- Training that is specifically designed for you to grow and progress with us
- A competitive salary and 28 days’ holiday entitlement
- Free staff meals whilst on duty, Live in accommodation is available if you require it
- Advantage Card, which offers discounts and free entrance to many of our venues
Who We Are
Our Lake District Hotels are a distinctive collection of seven award winning hotels in the Lake District owned and run by the Graves family and situated in the most beautiful parts of the Lake District. From 4-star luxury Lake District hotels on the shores of Lake Ullswater and Derwentwater Lake, to traditional coaching inns and hotels in Keswick and a hotel in Penrith - our Lake District hotels are recognised for the warmth of our welcome, unrivalled personal attention and excellent service.
The Lodore Falls Hotel boasts 73 bedrooms and a 2 AA rosette fine dining Lake View Restaurant; which in-keeping of its four-star status provides the ideal setting for weddings and fine dining. The hotel was graced last year with an extensive ground floor refurbishment, which included the opening of new function room and conservatory. During Autumn 2018 we will launch our new Spa and 14 more Suites. This is an exciting time to be joining our team
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we aren’t able to give status updates. If you are invited for an interview, you will generally be contacted within 1 week of submitting your application. Thank you