Restaurant Chefs - London
Restaurant Chefs - Restaurant Kitchen - Southwark, London
Reporting to: Restaurant Head Chef
Contracted hours: 48 hrs p/w
The Sea Containers Kitchen at Mondrian London leads where others follow. Masters of seasonal, fresh ingredients, our passionate and enthusiastic chefs are committed to creating an unforgettable dining experience for their guests. The restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner daily and offers brunch on the weekend, with menus reflecting the best locally sourced produce.
Head Chef Marcus is currently recruiting for imaginative and experienced Chefs to join his team. Candidates should be experienced in a high volume environment and previous experience in a high profile environment is essential.
- Previous experience in a public contact position, kitchen or other high volume environment would be an advantage.
- You must have good interpersonal and communication skills, even when the pressure’s high!
- Preparing food items before and during kitchen service to the specifications of the Executive Chef.
- Providing guests with the highest quality of food preparation.
- Maintaining the appearance and cleanliness of all work stations.
Chef de Partie
- You’ll need previous experience in a CDP or Demi CDP role in a high-volume kitchen.
- The ability to keep a level head, even when the pressure goes up.
- Ensuring that designated stations are properly set up and operational.
- Preparation of all food items in designated station in accordance to approved recipes and presentation.
- Dealing with operational issues that may arise and ensuring that food quality remains consistently high.
- Carrying out spot checks of dishes presented to maintain quality control.
- Assisting in all other sections as designated by supervisors.
- Ensuring that food Health & Safety practices are adhered to at all times, including cleanliness and storage of raw produce.
- You’ll be an experienced Junior Sous or Sous Chef, used to working in a high-volume restaurant kitchen.
- Excellent communication skills and a positive, can-do attitude, even in a high pressure environment.
- Willing to learn and develop new skills and open to working in several different areas simultaneously.
- To oversee all sections of the kitchen and ensure productivity in all areas.
- Supervise and guide new starters and deliver training where required.
- Have an awareness of restaurant operations and ensure the accurate and consistent food quality of all dishes.
- Assist with menu design and continuous improvement of items on the current restaurant menu.
Who are we?
We are a family of passionate individuals, committed to authenticity, sophistication, mastery and innovation. We are dedicated to training and development and provide our team with the tools to succeed in the future.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a range of benefits that include:
- Full on-the-job training and development opportunities.
- Constructive and regular Performance Review system.
- 28 days holiday (increasing based on length of service).
- Quarterly Employee Award Ceremony, team activities and social events.
- Discounted Employee and Friends & Family rates on rooms and F&B.
- Meals on duty and uniforms/ dry-cleaning provided.
- Discounted Gym membership.
- Enrolment into schemes and incentives such as Ride to Work, Season ticket loan, Childcare vouchers and Pension.
OUR STAGE IS THE WORLD. OUR TIME IS NOW.
You must have the right to work in the UK to be eligible to apply for this role. You will be asked to provide evidence of this at the interview stage. sbe is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and incumbents are selected, placed, trained, compensated and promoted without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital, or disability or other classifications protected by applicable law. In addition, sbe provides a reasonable accommodation for applicants/incumbents with disabilities. Please advise Human Resources if you require a reasonable accommodation.
Apply for Restaurant Chefs - London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly