Security Officer - London
Security Officer - The Curtain, London
We are recruiting for a Security Officer to join The Curtain family.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To attend, participate in and contribute to briefings and team meetings
- Conduct investigations and gather evidence related to theft/fraud or lost items, noise complaints, assault complaints, food poisoning complaints, and other guest complaints and incidents
- Conduct interviews with relevant parties in order to obtain statements and information related to incidents
- Assist and notify manager/supervisor, local police, or other appropriate individuals in the event of accidents, attacks, or other incidents
- Complete incident reports to document all Security/Loss Prevention related incidents such as theft, accidents, physical hazards, and fire alarm
- Handle business interruptions and complaints, such as suspicious individuals, civil disturbances or demonstrations, noise complaints, intoxicated individuals, etc
- Escort any unwelcome persons from the property without interrupting the orderly flow of property operation
- Defuse guest or employee disturbances/altercations, including summoning appropriate authorities if necessary, and documenting incident
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manage
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests' service needs
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance
- Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative
- Identify opportunities to grow business.
- Provide excellent and selfless customer service to our guests and teams
- Assist and participate in training
- Attentiveness, active listening, great communication skills all delivered in true rock star fashion
- Observe, anticipate and accommodate all guests needs and requests
- Supervise the proper handling of equipment
- To support, train and act as a role model to new members of the team
- To follow all reasonable direction of the Management team
- Provide Rockstar service to all our guests all of the time
- Ensure a smooth and efficient operation
- Be excellent at multi-tasking whilst keeping our guests at the front of your mind at all times
What is The Curtain?
A rooftop brasserie & pool, private screening room, 120 luxury guest rooms (including six suites), a members club and Red Rooster Shoreditch – a music-filled, soulfood restaurant by acclaimed NY chef Marcus Samuelsson - The Curtain is a corner of Manhattan cool in Shoreditch. Brought to London by Michael Achenbaum, the man responsible for some of New York's most fashionable hotels, The Curtain scores high in the rock 'n' roll stakes with a gym designed by Jon Squirrel of The Vault and the walls bursting with art and photography by Mick Rock. There’s also a spa, fully-soundproofed live performance space and over 6,000 square feet of meeting and event space.
Why work at The Curtain?
Dubbed ‘Shoreditch’s coolest new hotel’ by The Telegraph we do things a little differently around here. We empower our people to be respectfully courageous and say what they think, creative, honest and most importantly of all selfless… There’s no room for ego here we are all one big family.
- Competitive salaries
- Great food on duty
- The opportunity to work with world renowned international chef Marcus Samuelson
- Totally rock and roll staff raves
- Team competitions and awards
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
Interested in learning more… Just APPLY below!
In line with the Immigration Act 2016 we require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. We will ask for documentation should you be shortlisted for interview.
We receive a large number of applications for people wanting to join our family. If you haven’t heard back from us within 7 days of your application then on this occasion you have been unsuccessful. Don’t worry though! We will keep hold of your details in case something else comes up in the future.