Course Instructor - Tunbridge Wells
Ultimate Survival Course Instructor - Tunbridge Wells
Reporting to: Ultimate Survival Course Leader
Summary of Position:
Ultimate Survival, part of Ultimate Activity Camps is a leading provider of holiday childcare in the UK, with a focus on bushcraft and outdoor education. Our trusted holiday camps operate at venues across the country and offer outstanding provision to children and peace of mind to their parents.
The role of Ultimate Survival Instructor is to ensure the welfare and safety of the children on camp is maintained at all times, and to deliver outstanding, structured outdoor education activities and workshops to groups of children on our Ultimate Survival Courses.
You will be expected to deliver (with supporting resources) bushcraft activities to children aged between 7 and 14 years, with the emphasis being on participation, structure, care and development. You will have a pastoral role, being the group leader and key contact for a group of children on camp, taking a lead in maintaining their welfare and providing high quality care.
The week long workshops throughout the holidays will focus on fun, excitement, teamwork and skill building.
As well as leading sessions, staff will contribute to the high standard of physical, emotional, and social care offered by Ultimate Survival.
Roles include accommodation (camping) either on or near the venue.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and deliver activities for children aged 7-14, focusing on participation, development, safety and enjoyment.
- Encourage participation through enthusiasm and energy in scenarios and role play.
- Ensure all policies and procedures on camp are adhered to by yourself and the children in your care, including all health and safety, and safeguarding procedures.
- Continuously promote the welfare of the children in your care
- Help to set up The Ultimate Survival Camp by attending a Camp Induction Day and pack down the site at the end of the season.
- Take a pastoral role as a group leader, supporting and caring for children throughout the week and during the weekly camp-out.
- Supervision of children outside of activity times.
- At all times behave in a manner that reflects the expectations of Ultimate Survival Camps.
- Live up to the company promise of ‘Inspiring Children Everyday’ throughout your employment
- Show the required energy, enthusiasm and professionalism for the duration of the season, acting as an ambassador for Ultimate Survival Camps and behaving as a suitable role model for children.
- Other ad-hoc duties (cleaning, equipment maintenance/ordering etc.)
- Enthusiastic, energetic individual, passionate about working with, and developing children through adventurous activities
- Good experience within Outdoor Education (Bush craft specific) and experience working with children
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Flexible, team player, able to adapt to dynamic situations and challenges
- Someone looking for a challenging, different but hugely rewarding and fun job in the holidays, as well as the opportunity to further their career in the Outdoor Education, Adventure, Childcare and Coaching industry
- Qualified in and working towards relevant NGBs, Coaching or Teaching Qualifications
- Previous camp work experience
- Hold relevant NGBs or experience in all or some of the following: Canoeing, Archery, Quad Biking, Bush craft and environmental studies
- Current outdoor or paediatric first aid qualification
- Contract: Seasonal work available in School Holidays (May Half Term and Summer only)
- Hours: 8am – 6pm week days. Full time or part time roles available. One overnight shift per week required
- Accommodation: Camping accommodation available onsite or nearby