Head of Group, Meetings & Events - London
Head of Group, Meetings & Events - Ennismore London
We are currently recruiting for a Head of Group, Meetings & Events to lead our European reactive sales team here at The Hoxton.
Reporting to our Director of Sales UK & Europe, Elaine you will be responsible for the leadership of the reactive Group, Meetings & Events team for The Hoxton’s European portfolio consisting of The Hoxton Shoreditch, The Hoxton Holborn, The Hoxton Amsterdam and The Hoxton Paris in addition to the new openings of Ennismore Sessions House, The Hoxton Southwark and The Hoxton Shepherds Bush. The role is currently responsible for the management of 12 reports (combination of direct and dotted line) based across London, Paris & Amsterdam and is responsible for driving a high performing and highly effective team to ensure Group, Meetings and Events budgets are met across The Hoxton’s European portfolio.
- Proven group and/or events professional with a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Passionate about Hotel reactive sales and goal driven
- Functions best in a fast-paced environment and enjoys a challenge
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills
- Efficient in using Microsoft office
- Experience using Opera PMS and Sales & Catering would be an advantage but not essential
- We don’t go in for strict job descriptions, we all like to get mucked in, however to give you a taste of what this role entails…
- Responsible for all areas of team management from recruitment and induction through to managing workload and resource distribution as well as training and coaching, ensuring development plans are in place for every team member.
- Build strong working relationship with key stakeholders including proactive sales team, General Managers, Brand team, Revenue Team and Hotel Operations teams ensuring clear communication across all departments at all times.
- Work with the Director of Sales UK & Europe, Group Revenue Director, General Managers and property Head of Sales to agree and implement selling strategies to drive Group, Meetings & Events revenue across the European portfolio.
- Ensure selling guidelines are in place to enable reactive sales team to effectively execute on strategies, ensuring Group, Meeting & Events budgets are achieved.
- Ensure detailed processes and procedures are in place across the reactive Group, Meetings & Events team to ensure the team is operating in the most efficient and productive manner and that these processes are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure Opera Sales & Catering is fully configured to maximise usage in addition to ensuring accuracy of information and reporting.
- Ensure that all enquiries are responded to within The Hoxton standard response time of 3 hours.
- Ensure implementation of a booking follow up process to ensure all enquiries are followed up within 24 hours and thereafter at regular intervals to drive conversion and to ensure a clean function diary and accurate reporting.
- Ensure team adhere to The Hoxton credit policies and procedures and ensure clients are made aware of all credit decisions, contract and deposit requirements.
- Ensure clear billing processes are in place to ensure that all group and event postings are accurate that all PMs are checked out within 24 hours of the group/event departure
- Ensure team attendance at the weekly Operations Meeting in each property to ensure clear communication with property Operations team for all upcoming group check ins, meetings and events.
- Ensure process is in place to initiate customer follow up within 24 hours of departure to seek feedback and rebook potential.
- Implement an upselling process to drive additional room and F&B revenue.
- Ensure all client facing documentation is accurate and presented in an on-brand manner – including but not limited to proposals, contracts, menus and collateral.
- Ensure collateral is in place to maximise selling bedrooms and meeting & event space for each property.
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Sales – UK & Europe to maximise bookings driven via the M&E online booking tool per hotel.
- Ensure team are trained on how to deliver on-brand site inspections.
- Maintain an excellent level of knowledge of the local marketplace in each Hoxton location.
- Ensure regular communication with Business Analysts and General Managers to ensure they are informed of any changes to business on the books which may impact both rooms and F&B forecasts.
- Work in conjunction with Business Analysts and property Head of Sales to share market and client insights and provide input and feedback for group, meetings and events forecasting and budgets.
- Responsible for ensuring all actions allocated to Head of Group, Meetings & Events on pre-opening Critical Paths are completed as per defined deadlines.
- Responsible for ensuring pre-opening sales strategies are in place for all new European Hoxton Hotel openings to deliver upon Group, Meetings and Events budgets.
- Responsible for achieving annual KPOs and ensuring S.M.A.R.T annual KPO goals are in place for all members of the Group, Meetings & Events team.
- Create a team culture where team members feel empowered to make decisions and take responsibility for their workload and professional development.
- Complete all reporting within given deadlines – as requested by Director of Sales, UK & Europe.
- Complete all other duties, tasks and projects as assigned by the Director of Sales, UK & Europe.
Hoxton is an exciting experience to be part of. We're a growing and ambitious group of people, who are always looking to create experiences that inspire discovery, to do more things that are, simply put, fun.