Junior Finance Assistant - Excel London
Finance Assistant Job Introduction
Are you newly qualified in AAT, a CIMA/ACCA studier or a high calibre graduate with industry experience? Do you have experience working in the catering, leisure or hospitality industries? If so, our Levy business has a brilliant opportunity for a Finance Assistant to join us onsite at Excel London!
Levy UK is the name behind legendary experiences and powerful partnerships with the UK’s most iconic and unique venues, we are proud to be working with ExCeL London, the exhibition and international convention centre. ExCel London is the host venue for a variety of events from award winning exhibitions and conferences to international association meetings, product launches, banquets, award ceremonies, sporting events and great days out. For more information on the venue, please do click here!
As Finance Assistant, you will support the Location Accountant and Finance Business Partner in the day-to-day accounting functions associated with the contract. Your core responsibilities will include:
- Assist in driving performance and monitor and control change initiatives
- Provide advice and support to other managers within the location with regards to accounting control procedures
- Assist with production of complete, accurate and timely management accounts, P&L reporting and variance analysis
- Assist in the issue of shopping baskets for Op’s Team and working closely with the on-site team to analyse weekly performances
- Liaise with unit team & head office, purchase ledger and purchasing department to promptly resolve supplier queries
- Assist with ensuring that UKL sales ledger and credit procedures are fully implemented, including credit checks through head office
- Assist the Cash office Manager with the cash office control procedures; float preparation and petty cash disbursements
The Ideal Candidate
To be right for us, you will be AAT qualified and/or working towards a professional qualification with experience in either the catering, leisure or hospitality industries. You will have the following skills:
- Possess excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate oral and written information concisely and logically.
- Have high levels of numeric and analytical skills with a close attention to detail
- Have a pro-active approach
- Be self motivated with an ability to effectively plan and organise own work
- Ability to take on a broad spectrum of work under pressure and to deliver in agreed timescales
- Previous operational experience in the catering, leisure or hospitality industries
- Be self motivated and have the ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Flexibility to travel for event support
Competitive plus study support
Compass Group UK