Food and Beverage Services Manager - Fleet - Ship Based
You will be working with the F&B Manager to support the F&B Departments to provide an efficient and effective daily operation, ensuring that a high level of service is delivered and maintained consistently within all F&B outlets and ensuring that company standards and policies are followed throughout the department. You will also deputise for the F&B Manager as and when required.
- Coordinate and attend technical visits for F&B equipment. Effectively manage own area, ensure adequate resourcing of team, complete appraisals identifying development opportunities and provide guidance, motivation and direction as required.
- Oversee and support where necessary F&B events, the afternoon operation and the delivery of room service.
- Undertake hygiene rounds within the department and ensure all company and port health standards and policies are adhered to including hygiene and sanitation requirements. Complete inspection reports and highlight any non compliance, initiating corrective action and undertaking checks to ensure that action plans are implemented
- Oversee all back and front of house, operations for crew and officer’s mess rooms.
- Support the Galley and other F&B departments as required and in liaison with the F&B Manager.
- Liaise with the Senior Restaurant and Bar Manager to ensure effective deployment is in place.
- Proof read the menu and daily programme for F&B requirements.
- Liaise effectively with the Customer Services Manager to ensure that customer complaints regarding F&B are dealt with efficiently and thoroughly.
Ideally, for this role you will have experience of working in a management position in a multi outlet venue. You will also ideally have experience of managing a team including; appraisals development plans and motivating staff. Experience of COSH, USPH and Food Hygiene is essential for this role. A proven track record of meeting and exceeding targets would also be advantageous. We believe in hiring people with the right attitudes and strengths over their competencies.
As Food and Beverage Services Manager you will be expected to have a drive to seek excellence in your work as well as a natural ability to prioritise and organise. Changing itineraries and guest requests are frequent occurrences on a cruise ship and they can affect your work significantly. The fact you can naturally juggle priorities and adapt to change will make any changing circumstances run smoothly. Your love of problem solving and your eye for detail will make any guest account monitoring efficient and accurate, something that is very important for the company and our guests.
As a Food and Beverage Services Manager you will have to liaise with all departments onboard to ensure the operation runs smoothly. Therefore, your ability to express yourself clearly and keeping others in the loop will ensure that you share information clearly and accurately. If you feel you are naturally organised, adaptable and conscientious, this may be the job for you.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for one of the world’s leading Cruise brands. Life on board involves working 10 hours a day, 7 days a week for the 4 or 6 months that you are on board. Your ten hours will be split between morning, afternoon and evening activities.
Please note that for this role a Personal Survival Techniques (PST) STCW course is required
‘Better together’ is one of Carnival UK’s core values. This means we are working hard to build a flexible and inclusive culture. As part of our culture difference is valued and our people can be themselves. We welcome applications from everyone because inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership and pregnancy & maternity.
Carnival UK is the operating company for P&O Cruises and Cunard. We provide unforgettable holiday happiness and operate a winning culture to achieve standout success.
Our Cunard ships have been defining sophisticated ocean travel for over 175 years. Our ships are known as The Most Famous Ocean Liners in the World. We continue our legacy with Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth. Our flagship, Queen Mary 2, provides the only regularly scheduled transatlantic service between Southampton and New York. In 2022 our 4th Queen will join our Cunard fleet.
P&O Cruises have seven ships, including our flagship Britannia which joined our fleet in March 2015. Our two new ships, the largest in the UK market, will join the fleet in 2020 and 2022. We offer experiences tailored towards British tastes by combining genuine service, a sense of occasion and attention to detail. We ensure all passengers have the holiday of a lifetime, every time.
It takes great passion and real dedication to maintain our position at the top. That’s why people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. With support to help you reach your potential, attractive company benefits and incredible employee offers on discounted cruises we want your career with us to be successful and fun. Join us on our journey, apply now.