House Porter - Chippenham
House Porter - Lucknam Park Hotel & Spa, Chippenham
Our House Porters play an important role within the Front of House team and around the hotel. The role of a House Porter is a varied one and no two days are the same. You need to be guest focused and able to deal with guests’ requests efficiently and professionally.
The duties of a House Porter include:
- Providing a concierge service at the front door
- Ensuring the public areas are consistently presented to a high standard
- Laying up, servicing and breaking down Conference rooms
- Carrying out small maintenance tasks, for example changing light bulbs
- Booking external services such as taxis, limousines, clay pigeon shooting etc
- Valet park cars, deliver luggage to rooms and return to cars
- Assist the Front of House team by answering the telephone, assisting with checking in and out of guests
- During the Winter months ensure that fires are maintained and lit
Requirements to fulfil the House Porter role:
- Experience within the hospitality industry is desired but not essential
- Physically fit – manual duties included
- Full driving licence – valet parking guest cars
- Ability to deliver a high level of guest service – over the telephone and face to face
- Proactive and enthusiastic approach to work
- Fluent English – written and verbal
- Smart appearance
- Keen eye for detail
Lucknam Park is situated in the middle of beautiful countryside which is difficult to access via public transport, therefore it is advisable to have your own car to enable you to work the shifts required.
We are offering a full time role, working 40 hours over 5 days, shifts are allocated on a weekly basis according to business needs. Shifts will include weekends, evenings and Public/Bank Holidays.
THE BENEFITS OF WORKING AT LUCKNAM PARK HOTEL & SPA
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Discounts on facilities and products including Spa (treatments and products), Cookery School Equestrian Centre and dining throughout the property
- Preferential room rates for you and your family at Lucknam Park and other Relais and Chateaux and Pride of Britain hotels
- Long service awards
- Complimentary room nights for length of service
- Full training, development and promotional possibilities
- 28 days holiday increasing with length of service
Lucknam Park is unspoilt, country house living at its very best and one of England's finest 5 star luxury Country House Hotels. We offer fine dining in ‘Restaurant Hywel Jones’ or a more relaxed meal in The Brasserie. We have extensive leisure facilities in our Spa and Equestrian Centre plus 500 acres of stunning parkland. Lucknam Park is a proud member of Relais & Châteaux and has been awarded a Michelin Star, AA 5 Red Stars and Visit Britain Gold Award.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
If you fulfil the above criteria and would like to become part of the team at Lucknam Park please forward a copy of your current CV.
In line with the requirements of UK immigration legislation all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documentary evidence of eligibility to work will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. If you do not already have the right to live and work in the UK please do not apply as we cannot help with obtaining the relevant visa.