Lifeguard - Bournemouth
Lifeguard - Bournemouth
Reporting to: Leisure Club Manager / Leisure Operations Manager
Purpose of the Role:
You are a key link in the chain that joins up great staff with memorable customer service.
Within our extensive leisure facilities, ensure all equipment and areas are maintained at a hygienic and safe level (including male & female changing rooms). Assist the Leisure Team to create a welcoming environment for our members and residents
Our Leisure Club Members visit us several times a week and can relax in the knowledge that our changing rooms are squeaky clean.
You’ll be part of a team, all focused on hygiene and safety. Also responsible for Pool Side Attendance in accordance with STA guidelines, providing visual poolside life guarding throughout the day, responding to poolside alarms and taking appropriate action in an emergency.
- Carry out Pool Attendant tasks as required.
- Maintain poolside cover as appropriate during shift.
- Respond to poolside emergencies and take appropriate action.
- Carry out routine and periodic cleaning to areas, as directed.
- Maintain cleanliness of public areas.
- Have knowledge of the COSHH regulations in relation to cleaning materials, ensuring that all materials are used and stored in compliance with these regulations.
- Check Leisure Club Areas to ensure they are cleaned and all “extras” are in place in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Deal with items of lost property in accordance with hotel procedures.
- Have knowledge of and operate emergency and security procedures in the hotel.
- Report, immediately, to the Leisure Club Team Leader, any damage, wear and tear, or defects
- All Leisure Club Areas In public areas In cleaning equipment e.g. vacuum cleaners, trolleys
- Assist guests in a friendly, courteous and professional manner, as required. Respect guests’ privacy at all times.
- To support team members by providing assistance when required Assist the Leisure Club Team Members in the effective running of the department Support other hotel departments in designated duties, when required
- Presentation and standards – The leisure club meets and exceeds statutory requirements and should always comply with standard operating procedures and equipment should be maintained and any defaults reported. Your personal presentation must be impeccable at all times.
- A Great Customer Experience – ensure the leisure club is always ready to welcome members delivering the highest possible standard of cleanliness and customer service so that our people, products and service are memorable as we build our reputation as the Leading Leisure Club. Assist members and guests in a friendly, courteous and professional manner.
- Product knowledge – be aware of all activates in the club to be able to answer questions correctly. Deal with enquiries in a prompt professional manner. Offer advice on facilities e.g. opening times. Assist members and guests as required.
- Communications – report any defects on equipment to maintenance department and ensure communication with the Leisure Club team is clear to be passed onto leisure club members. Attend team meetings when required. Feed back leisure club members comments productively and constructively where necessary.
- Leisure Club Performance – support the leisure Club Manager and leisure team to deliver the best possible experience to all leisure Club Members and guests. Further, add value to overall hotel performance through teamwork.
- Statutory compliance & Pool Safety – achieve and maintain standards to the highest possible level in respect of cleanliness and Health & Safety. Be aware of and operate the hotel cash handling, security and emergency procedures. Carry out Pool Attendant tasks as required & respond to poolside emergencies and take appropriate action.
This list is not exhaustive and the company reserves the right to make reasonable changes to your role from time to time.