Motion Graphics Designer - London
Motion Graphics Designer - Stamford Bridge, Fulham
Reporting to: Senior Editorial Producer
Department: Chelsea TV
Job Function: Chelsea Football Club requires an innovative motion graphics designer to create bespoke and compelling content animation for use across all Chelsea platforms
Contract Type: Full- time, permanent
Salary: Subject to Experience
Overview: Chelsea TV is the umbrella brand for all video content produced by Chelsea Football Club and is a key contributor to the communications, fan engagement, marketing and commercial media strategies. The in-house content and production department create and publish video across multiple channels
Digital Publisher: Original video content for chelseafc.com and all social media channels
Broadcaster: Sky channel 421, multiple international broadcast partners and a live stream via chelseafc.com. Live programming includes over 50 live outside broadcasts, daily live shows and a variety of post-production programming.
Internal Production : Branded Content, Commercial Partners, Marketing Campaigns and Activations, Club Events, Foundation, Academy and Player support.
Role: To design and create eye-catching and innovative motion graphic content for all Chelsea TV digital and broadcast platforms.
A role for an innovative designer with unique creative flair and excellent aesthetic judgment prepared to push motion graphics in compelling and original directions while collaborating within a team environment.
- Design and create exciting motion graphics for video deliverables across all platforms (social media clips, YT content, short-form player films)
- Ability to work independently of producers to create animated content
- Collaborate with internal design team on projects
- Assist in selecting audio, video, colours, animation etc for motion graphics.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge about latest graphic design techniques.
- Ensure compliance with company guidelines, deadlines and design standards.
- Manage workload alongside rest of the motion graphics team
- Relevant motion graphics experience within a professional environment.
- Proven original creative capacity.
- Extensive knowledge of After Effects, Cinema 4d, Photoshop & Illustrator.
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently or in collaboration with a team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to comprehend and uphold brand style guidelines, producing work of a suitable style.
- Ability to solve an array of challenges through visual design.
- Must be able to mediate creative problems to arrive at the best solution.
- Flexible and pro-active approach; with ability to adapt ways of working accordingly
- Positive, team-oriented attitude and willingness to collaborate and share information
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent organisational skills with robust attention to detail
Measures of Performance:
- Delivering to deadline
- Meeting high production standards and quality of output set by management/internal departments/briefs
- Meeting KPIs as outlined in the video strategy
- Consistent delivery of daily animation/motion graphic content as scheduled
The Employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst Employees and customers.
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.