Management Accountant - London
Management Accountant - Royal Garden Hotel, London
Located next door to Kensington Palace and Hyde Park, the Royal Garden Hotel is a self-accounting 394 five red star hotel. Our Financial Team work closely with both internal managers and external clients on a daily basis.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the hotel’s Financial Controller, this position’s primary responsibilities will be to oversee the day to day running of the accounting function, financial management reporting and financial analysis. As well as internal auditing they will assist the Assistant Financial Controller in budgeting and forecasting and ad-hoc projects affecting the Hotel’s future business development.
- Ensures that correct procedures are followed for the checking, control, verification and reporting of the hotel accounts as described within the Company Standard Operating Procedures.
- Reviews all Journal entries made into the Accounting system are correct.
- Conducts regular reviews of local control procedures and to advise FC and Senior Management of any deviation or shortfalls with recommendations to correct and change the procedure.
- Produces the management accounting information required by the Company by the seventh day of the month for the preceding month’s accounts.
- Assists Executive Managers, Heads of Department and the FC with the costing, planning, co-ordination and implementation of all projects; large and small, affecting the hotel and ancillary properties as directed.
- Monitors through KPIs all hotel operational costs against the agreed budgets and make recommendations back to FC in changes that could maximise profitability.
- In support of Executive Managers and Heads of Department, generates ad-hoc reporting as necessary to assist in securing future business.
- Assists FC during Internal and External Audit visits.
- Assists FC with all Financial Year end procedures and reporting.
- Assists the FC or Executive managers in any ad-hoc exercises from time to time that may be required related to this role.
- Establishes and maintains open lines of communication with all relevant trade associations and trade institutes and makes use of their research analysis.
- Proactively flags global events that could cause issues to the business or senior management team and corporate office.
- Performs own duties in line with departmental Standard Operating Procedures
- Assists the FC in communicating and applying the Standard Operating Procedures related to procurement throughout the hotel.
We are looking for a self-motivated forward thinking individual with a meticulous attention to detail, experience within the hospitality sector who will have gained previous experience in a similar environment. The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate high levels of customer focus, have strong communication skills and be tenacious in following up on detailed aspects of the role.
- 2 year prior experience in Finance within the hospitality industry
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Computer literate (Microsoft packages including Excel. Vision, Ad-hoc reporting tools. Industry specific and Accounting software such as Opera, Adaco, SAP, Sage, Exact etc would be preferable )
- Flexible and open minded
- Eager to learn
- A quick and logical thinker
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent, ideally AAT and CIMA qualified or part qualified nearing completion.
If you are interested in this position and are entitled to work in the UK, please send us a copy of your CV and cover-letter. If you require any special assistance with your application or have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Human Resources team.
Please note: We endeavour to respond to the majority of applications, however, if you do not receive a response within three weeks, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Apply for Management Accountant - London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly