Night Porter - Full Time - Leeds North
Why wait to make your next career move?
Apply now and you could be working at the Britannia Leeds North! Part of the Britannia Group, the largest independent hotel chain in Europe, the Leeds North is located only a short drive from Leeds City Centre, the Britannia Leeds was built around a 19th-century windmill, and is in the perfect location for visiting this bustling Yorkshire city.
The Leeds North boasts 143 modern-styled bedrooms as well as a favourable on-suite Restaurant and Java Lounge. Our Reception desk offers fantastic customer service and care 24-hours per day and due to continued expansion, we are looking to recruit a Full-Time Night Porter on to the team.
As Night Porter you will be required to;
- Look after hotel security and guest welfare at night, maintaining the upmost courtesy and politeness to guests always.
- Conduct regular floor walks and security checks of fire exits and public areas, reporting any irregularities to the manager on duty.
- Assist in setting up and servicing event rooms.
- Have thorough knowledge of all systems and procedures used within the hotel and department and to provide support as and when required.
- Be aware of weekly business in the hotel & maximise every sales opportunity for food, beverage and rooms.
The successful candidate will be organised, punctual and efficient. They will also have excellent communication skills with both colleagues and with customers.
Look at our website and look at this contemporary-styled hotel!
This position offers the opportunity for you to work in an exciting, fast-paced industry!
In return for your commitment, we will support you in this new opportunity, with
- Up to 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted stays for you & your family at any of our 53 hotels & parks
- Meals on duty (Subject to eligibility)
- Uniform (Subject to position)
- Accelerated promotional prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.
Britannia Hotels will not recognise any submissions related to unsolicited applications and no agency fees will apply in relation to such submissions. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any director or employee of our company, we will not accept liability for commissions or other charges if we subsequently employ that candidate whether directly or through another agency. Where an agency’s correspondence contains a disclaimer indicating otherwise, our policy will prevail in this regard.
Positions are open to all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, candidates of any sexes or sexual orientation. All vacancies are posted both externally and internally on a weekly basis to ensure access to all applicants.