Health Club Assistant Manager - London
Health Club Assistant Manager - Roehampton Club
Reporting to Health Club Manager
Salary: Circa £28K
Hours: 40 hours a week on a 7 day rota of varying shift times to include weekends and bank holidays
The Health Club Assistant Manager reports to the Health Club Manager and has line management responsibility for the safe and efficient day to day operation of the Health Club. You are responsible for all sporting and recreational programmes, leisure activities plus the planning and staffing of the Health Club.
- Organize, coordinate and manage the Health Club swimming lesson programme and instructors.
- Assist with the management of the safe operation of all plant, the two swimming pools, spa pool and associated areas in line with industry standards along with implementing a clear maintenance programme.
- Manage the Junior Activities Coordinator and assist with the management of the Junior Activity Programme to generate budgeted income
- Implement a tight control of all cost areas including; wages; consumables; shop stock; shrinkage; chemical usage; cleaning materials; clothing allowances etc.
- Monitor pool chemical levels and perform area sweeps to fulfil Health and Safety responsibilities.
- Acting as Health Club Duty Manager on a rota basis.
- Acting as Club Duty Manager on a rota basis.
- Setting work rotas for all areas; pools, reception, swim teachers and collating all the figures for payroll monthly.
- Ensuring that all Health and Safety issues within the workplace are considered and where necessary procedures implemented and enforced.
- Suitability to work well within a team
- Work to achieve monthly & annual budgeted targets. With a focus on swimming, junior activities & payroll
- Analysing usage data to maximise staffing levels to best achieve budgeted targets.
- Staff Management: manage the recruitment, selection, induction training and development of all Leisure Assistants and Swimming Instructor staff. Manage staff in line with Club policies and keep accurate records of training, attendance, holiday and performance.
- Carry out DBS checks and ensure Safeguarding remains a primary focus within the department.
- Follow all other procedures that may be arranged so that the facility operates in a safe and functionally efficient manner.
- Supervise junior members of staff and look to develop their skills by coaching and mentoring when appropriate.
- Oversee the Health Club section on the Club website, update weekly and monthly news as well as changes to programming and other information relevant to Health Club.
- Circulating medical forms and collating information in ESP.
- Overseeing swim test entry (CIMSPA, Roehampton Award, BAA) and inputting information in ESP
- Compiling and maintaining computerised parent/guardian contact details list.
The above job description is not exhaustive and you may be required to carry out tasks as specified by the Club that are outside the content of your job description on occasion.
- Competitive salary
- Generous company pension and use of facilities after a qualifying period
- Death in service
- Staff Fund of £300 paid twice yearly after probation has been passed
- Uniform and meals whilst on duty provided
- Excellent training and development opportunities
To apply send CV and covering letter detailing your suitability for the role
Apply for Health Club Assistant Manager - London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly