Trainee Lifeguard (NPLQ Course) | Stoke Mandeville Stadium
Trainee Lifeguard (NPLQ Course)
Location: Stoke Mandeville Stadium, Buckinghamshire, HP21 9PP
Hours: 39 per week
Salary: Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits
Stoke Mandeville are running a trainee lifeguard programme where you have the chance to gain your NPLQ Qualification with us. As part of this there then may be an opportunity to secure full time work as a lifeguard in our team. Successful candidates will be required to sign a training agreement with SMS.
The NPLQ course will be running from Tuesday July 31st- Saturday August 4th.
Stoke Mandeville Stadium is the National Centre for Disability Sport and boasts the highest grade of facilities for our leading sportsmen and women.
Have you got what it takes to be a part of our amazing team?
Key purpose of role:
The Lifeguard's role is to work within the centre, ensuring customer safety and high standards of service and customer care at all times. The role will involve supervision of specific activities including Lifeguarding the swimming pools, maintaining high standards of cleanliness and the safe handling and set up of equipment.
- Provide supervision of swimming pools to ensure customer safety at all times, by preventing accidents and incidents and by taking the appropriate action in the event of these occurring
- Provide supervision of dry-side activities to ensure customer safety at all times, by preventing accidents and incidents and by taking the appropriate action in the event of these occurring
- Ensure equipment is set up in order to meet the needs of the programmed activities
- Undertake cleaning tasks as required, to ensure the centre is well presented and monitor standards of cleanliness in customer critical areas such as changing rooms, health suite and toilets
- Monitor customer use within the centre and ensure unsafe practices are promptly dealt with or reported as appropriate
- Maintain high levels of customer service at all times
- Maintain a full product knowledge of the services and activities available at the centre
- Attend training sessions in order to demonstrate competency and maintain a valid qualification
- Follow the processes laid down in the SMS (Serco Management System), in particular, the Pool Normal Operating, Pool Emergency and Centre Emergencies Procedures
- Consistently and actively apply good housekeeping principles, such as turning off lights and equipment when not in use, in order to contribute to our strategy, to reduce utility consumption and carbon footprint.
- Undertake any other duties as required, as directed by the Duty Manager
Qualifications and Experience:
A training agreement will be negotiated for successful candidates
What’s great about this role?
- Heavily discounted meals & use of the facilities
- Free use of gym/on-site exercise facilities
- No more Christmas working, the site closes over the festive period!
- Retail discounts
- Uniform provided
If interested, please apply.
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, justice and immigration, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors. On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.