Product Manager - Bath/Bristol
Product Manager - Bath/Bristol
#foodie #procurement #merchandising #quality
Excellent salary plus bonus and benefits
Are you highly organised and commercially focussed with a flair for product development?
Can you successfully develop, procure and launch high end bakery products in line with our brand and ethos?
Do you enjoy multi-tasking and taking ownership for the full product development process?
We offer an:
- Excellent benefits package
- Fantastic empowering culture
- Generous bonus scheme
- Regular funded social events
- Opportunities to progress
- Uncompromising focus on high quality food and ethically sourced coffee - we work closely with the award winning Union hand roasted coffee
When you work with us you’re trusted to be innovative and empowered to be open and honest. We celebrate success and build positive team spirits. You’ll see from the information here that we’re far from average, so, if you’re far from average too, why not get in touch?
This exciting opportunity is based in Bath/Bristol with regular travel to other sites and encompasses the following:
- Develop a range of new products consistent with brand
- Run trials for new products and evaluate results
- Produce specification cards that are accurate, appealing and easily understandable
- Review and manage all suppliers for quality, performance and price
- Procure new products, to include all packaging, cutlery, crockery and ancillary items associated with product sales
- Actively look for new suppliers and maintain supplier relationships
- Conduct effective procurement, tenders and price reviews
- Identify allergens in new products and ensure the correct information is included in training material
- Maintain a product section on the intranet site that is always clear and up to date
- Provide necessary training on new products prior to release
- Continually analyse and review product sales and waste performance for presentation to management team
- Cost all products and recommend retail price
- Effectively communicate new products to shop teams and franchises
- Proactively plan ahead for seasonal product lines
MERCHANDISING, MARKETING & PR
- Provide all shops with an up to date display manual that is consistent with The Cornish Bakery brand, considers the practical shop use, maximises sales and minimises waste
- Continually work on new ideas and innovation for PR posters and in store PR
- Look for innovative ideas for in store merchandising and PR
- Review and ensure POS marketing is effective and up-to-date
Successful Product Managers at The Cornish Bakery have:
- Previous experience in Product Development, Purchasing or Procurement for a food business
- Strong commercial skills
- A passion for high quality food and drink
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Confidence with effective negotiation skills
- High attention to detail
- Good IT skills – competent in Word, Excel and Outlook
- A naturally creative and innovative approach
- The ability to manage multiple projects with limited support (self-sufficient)
- The ability to be calm under pressure
- Your own transport and an up-to-date licence as travel to bakeries and suppliers is part of the role.
If you fulfil the criteria above and you’re motivated and positive we’d love to talk to you.
We say we put people first, but we actually mean it: no one here works on their birthday, we reward long service, encourage sabbaticals and give extra time off for weddings (and money for honeymoons). We help out in all sorts of ways, big and small, and always recognise the efforts our people make; we even pay a bonus for finding us another trading location.
We’re no longer just one small bakery in Mevagissey. But although we’ve grown we’re still the same: privately-owned with a strong belief that people should be treated like people, not like pawns on a corporate chessboard. We’re passionate about innovation, beautiful food and mind-blowing coffee. Our shops are now all over the country, but we are still inspired by Cornwall’s enviable lifestyle, adventure and high-quality food. We only trade in beautiful locations or where people are ‘living the moment’.
Because we receive a lot of applications we’re simply not able to reply to all of them directly. So if you haven’t heard from us within two weeks, then sorry, that means your application was unsuccessful this time.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Please do not apply if you do not have the necessary visa, as we are not able to assist with visa applications.