Reservations/Customer Sales Agent - London
Reservations/Customer Sales Agent - Shangri-La Hotel, At The Shard, London
We currently have a vacancy for a Reservation/Customer Sales Agent joining our team.
It takes a very special kind of person to work at Shangri-La: someone with an eye for detail and the skills to perform. Someone with an attitude to deliver and a passion to delight.
We are diverse, warm and caring but also demanding, dynamic and innovative.
Reporting to the Customer Sales Supervisor, the Reservations Agent is responsible for the complete reservations process (we call it Customer Sales in Shangri-La). You will be delivering an exceptional customer experience at the point of booking with both telephone and email reservations.
You will work closely with your colleagues in the customer sales team in line with, our Core Values of humility, courtesy, respect, helpfulness and sincerity.
The role will involve evening and weekend work on a shift basis.
- Impeccable English both written and spoken
- Exceptional telephone and customer care skills
- Extremely organised with superb attention to detail
- Great sales skills to include up-selling reservations
- Conflict resolution skill
- Previous experience of reservations within a 5 star hotel
- An understanding of Travel Agent, Third Party Website and Wholesaler bookings
- Proven and stable London experience
- Command of a second foreign language
- Knowledge of guest recognition and retention techniques
- Be able to demonstrate active listening techniques
- An understanding of billing types and processes
- Familiarity with the reception function
- Knowledge of trace and reservation reports
- Familiarity with group booking intricacies
- Good working knowledge of Opera
Our proposition to you
In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer an exciting array of benefits:
- Shangri-La Staff Rates at our luxury properties worldwide
- One paid Volunteer Day per year
- Pension contribution
- Personal development via Shangri-La Academy, online Harvard Management programme and other external courses
- Regular social celebrations
- One free duty meal per shift
- Laundering of your uniform free of charge
- Discount in our F&B outlets
- Shard Card and Deal Card (discounts at variety of businesses in the area)
- Cycle to Work
- Childcare Vouchers (if applicable )
- Opportunity to grow and develop with Shangri-La, locally or worldwide
…..to mention only a few!
We believe that with the right attitude, anything is possible at Shangri-La and we will invest heavily in your training, offering a variety of programmes for all levels!
If you wish to be considered for this role, please send us your CV!
Please note that all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK, without restrictions. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from all candidates