Learning and Development Manager - London
Learning and Development Manager - London
Fusion Lifestyle, a leading Sports, Leisure and Fitness operator, is recruiting for a Learning & Development Manager from a fast-paced environment, customer facing environment in leisure, hospitality, retail or similar.
Fusion manage over 90 dynamic venues offering mainstream & specialist sports and leisure, plus some exciting new brands such as INTENCITY (HIIT fitness studio concept), Total Football (5 a side league venue), Bickel’s Yard (proprietary café concept). We are a registered charity with a commercial outlook and we provide our local communities with inclusive and accessible sport and leisure that enhances health, vitality and wellbeing.
As L&D Manager you would manage a team who anticipate, plan, develop and deliver learning solutions across a range of qualifications, e-learning and workshops. We deliver more than 30,000 course completions each year. The Fusion500 Apprenticeship strategy for frontline staff is a key initiative and you would also manage the STRIDE Leadership Management Programme.
Over 415 Fusion employees are currently undertaking or have graduated from one of our Stride leadership programmes, and over 40% of our current General Managers are Stride graduates.
As the L&D Manager you will need to be determined to deliver results and passionate about ensuring Fusion are ‘the best’; a genuine corporate ambassador. You will be resilient, living the Fusion ‘make it happen’ value and will need to be adept at finding and offering solutions and innovations that drive service excellence.
- Develop and implement L&D strategies, policies and processes which support Fusion’s strategic aims
- Further develop, manage and promote the “Fusion Academy” ensuring high quality learning resources
- Plan and manage the delivery of Fusion’s annual training plan in line with a training needs analysis
- Regularly review mandatory training requirements in line with regulatory requirements
- Manage Litmos LMS, develop and refresh Fusion online courses
- Promote development programmes for entry-level roles including the Fusion500 Apprenticeship strategy
- Lead on the delivery and continuous evolution of ‘Stride’; Fusion’s industry leading leadership and management development programme
- Develop external revenue through proactively selling external course spaces
- Ensure course attendance is maximised by effective planning and partnering with operations management
- Quality assure all training delivered and regularly report on compliance and return on investment
- Manage departmental expenditure within agreed budgets
- Lead, manage and develop the L&D team
- Any other ad-hoc duties commensurate with position
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Extensive experience in a mid-level/ senior L&D role, with a proven track record in managing the design, delivery and evaluation of high-quality, effective L&D programmes
- Extensive experience designing and delivering leadership and management programmes
- Experience of apprenticeships frameworks/standards and of managing sizeable apprenticeship programmes
- Excellent PC and HR System Skills (preferably iTRENT) and experience developing an online learning platform (LMS) and associated courses
- An established network of relevant external contacts, including training providers and regulatory bodies
- Extensive experience leading and managing a team & working in a multi-site environment
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, along with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of working with regulated awarding organisations as an approved centre
- Professional membership of a management organisation such as CMI, ILM, CIMSPA or CIPD
Some of the benefits you may enjoy as a Fusion employee include:
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata)
- Family Choice gym membership
- Pension Scheme
- Private Medical
- Eye test (DSE users)
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- And more…
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview.
Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.