Finance Manager- Skipton
Management Accountant - The Coniston Hotel, Skipton
The Coniston Hotel Country Estate and Spa offers a fantastic opportunity to anyone looking to join a rapidly growing business with an ambition to be a significant landmark hotel. The 71 bedroom 4 AA star hotel also plays host to a wide array of activities on the 1400 acre estate which includes; a state of the art spa, a Shooting Ground (CPSA Premier standard), voted best Shooting Ground in the UK. Falconry Centre, 4x4 Off-Road Experience, Fly-Fishing on the 24 acre lake or River Aire and Archery.
The Huntsman’s Lodge and MacLeod’s restaurant and bar form the heart of the hotel and both offer a wide range of locally produced food. We offer excellent conference and meeting facilities forming the base of unique team building days. Weddings are also a significant part of our business. We are a family run hotel which is privately owned by the Bannister family, who are involved in the day to day running of the business.
The existing 160 plus Coniston Hotel team are very customer centered and if you pride yourself on delivering excellent customer service then you will fit in well.
Overview: The main duties of the role are:
- Provide accounting support to the Financial Director
- To produce monthly management accounts i.e. profit & loss, balance sheet, variance analysis & commentaries
- Assist with budgets & cash flow reports, Departmental costing / pricing analysis
- Support the preparation of audit schedules for statutory accounts & liaise with auditors
- Assist with financial compliance & regulation
- VAT return completion and other tax compliance work
- Day to day management of the finance function, including assistance with purchase / sales ledger & bank reconciliations
- Undertake ad-hoc financial activities as required
- Please note that only applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted within three weeks of receipt of their application.
- Would ideally suit an individual with previous hotel experience, but not essential
- Part / Full recognized accounting qualification
- Good understanding of Sage Accounting System, Excel & problem solver with attention to detail.
- Analytical ability with a logical approach and a team player.
Thank you for your interest in The Coniston Hotel Country Estate and Spa.
If you have not heard back from us within three weeks, unfortunately on this occasion your application has not been successful. However we would like to keep your CV on file for the next 6 months. If you prefer us not to, please let us know.