Children's Activities Manager (Childcare) - London
Can you deliver the highest level of care to children while making sure they have a wickedly good time? Are you a fun, ‘can-do’ team player with knowledge of inspectorate regulations?
We’re looking for a Junior Activities Manager to be responsible for the successful running and management of the Junior Activities Team. Virgin Active Club-V offers a fantastic range of activities for ages six weeks to 15 years and you’ll be there to help keep these important people safe and happy.
- Responsible for ensuring an excellent level of care is presented to the children within your supervision, that exciting and engaging activities & sessions are being delivered at all times by leading the Junior Activities Team to achieve a high standard, and implementing a world class activity programme.
- Ensuring the Junior Activities Team comply with Health & Safety and department policies to provide a safe environment at all times, acting in accordance with the Safeguarding Children & Vulnerable adults policy and statutory requirements from Regulatory Bodies; delivering training to other HODs and team members on correct reporting procedures.
- Able to develop and implement successful methods of communication across the wider Club team and between your team members and parents.
- Line management of the team including recruitment, training and development, as well as rotas and payroll.
- Drive the department to meet all set targets and budgets, exceed commercial success by developing and training existing staff to Brand Standards.
- Accountable for successfully delivering financial & departmental KPIs, department Health Checks and audits.
What we can’t live without:
To be successful, you’ll love looking after and entertaining children of all ages. Friendly and approachable to members and their children; you’ll have strong interpersonal, organisational and time management skills
- Minimum Level 3 qualification in a Child Related field, alongside previous experience working with children.
- Experience in supervising and leading a team, with the passion to inspire and drive others to achieve and exceed targets.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, with the ability to respond appropriately & professionally to everyone you interact with.
- Previous experience of working in a commercial environment, with the ability to remain calm under pressure and work politely and efficiently in all situations.
- Proficiency in using a computer with the confidence to learn new systems & databases quickly.
- Either a Lifeguard Qualification or a confident swimming ability & willingness to take the course within the first month of starting.
- Enhanced DBS clearance before start date
**Please note that Health and Social care does not cover the required qualification**
This role is full time, working 40 hours per week. Flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business; specific shift patterns include earlies (from 8am), lates (until 7pm) and weekends (8am-5.30pm).
Why not master your trade in a diverse and fun environment, we’ll support you in this great new challenge with coaching and development every step of the way. Also, to reward your hard work you’ll get:
- Competitive industry pay
- Great personal development through our in-house Management Development programme ‘Evolve’. Upon completion, you’ll receive a Level 3 Diploma in Management Development accredited by the Institute of Leadership Management.
- Complimentary gym membership for you and a buddy
- Virgin Tribe – discounts on loads of Virgin products & services
- 30 days holiday (pro rata) including bank holidays
- Bonus birthday day off - an extra day off to celebrate your birthday however you see fit!