Pastry Chefs - London
Pastry Chefs - Pastry Kitchen - Southwark, London
Reporting to: Pastry Head Chef
Contracted hours: 48 hrs p/w
Artisans of sweet treats, pastries and more, the Pastry Kitchen Team at Mondrian London are always looking for something new to spark their creativity. From breakfast bakery baskets and restaurant desserts, to Dandelyan Wyld Tea and spectacular in-room amenities, this position will give you the opportunity to explore your talents and work with a strong team of professional pastry chefs.
Head Chef Maxime Osmont is currently recruiting for an enthusiastic and passionate Chef de Partie to join his team. If you’re ready to elevate your career in the kitchen and are eager to develop and grow in pastry and bakery, then we are looking for you!
- Gracious, friendly, and fun! Passionate about cooking and ready to work hard for a rewarding career.
- Not afraid to ask questions and try something new.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, even on a bad day!
- You have the ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure.
- Prepare food items before and during kitchen service to the specifications of the Pastry Head Chef.
- Provide guests with the highest quality of food preparation.
- Maintain the appearance and cleanliness of all work stations.
Chef de Partie
- You’ll need previous experience in a CDP or Demi CDP role in a high-volume kitchen.
- The ability to keep a level head, even when the pressure goes up.
- Ensuring that designated stations are properly set up and operational.
- Preparation of all food items in designated station in accordance to approved recipes and presentation.
- Dealing with operational issues that may arise and ensuring that food quality remains consistently high.
- Carrying out spot checks of dishes presented to maintain quality control.
- Assisting the Head Pastry Chef and Sous Chef where required and stepping in in their absence.
- Ensuring that food Health & Safety practices are adhered to at all times, including cleanliness and storage of raw produce.
Who are we?
We are a family of passionate individuals, committed to authenticity, sophistication, mastery and innovation. We are dedicated to training and development and provide our team with the tools to succeed in the future.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a range of benefits that include:
- Full on-the-job training and development opportunities.
- Constructive and regular Performance Review system.
- 28 days holiday (increasing based on length of service).
- Quarterly Employee Award Ceremony, team activities and social events.
- Discounted Employee and Friends & Family rates on rooms and F&B.
- Meals on duty and uniforms/ dry-cleaning provided.
- Discounted Gym membership.
- Enrolment into schemes and incentives such as Ride to Work, Season ticket loan, Childcare vouchers and Pension.
OUR STAGE IS THE WORLD. OUR TIME IS NOW.
You must have the right to work in the UK to be eligible to apply for this role. You will be asked to provide evidence of this at the interview stage. sbe is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and incumbents are selected, placed, trained, compensated and promoted without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital, or disability or other classifications protected by applicable law. In addition, sbe provides a reasonable accommodation for applicants/incumbents with disabilities. Please advise Human Resources if you require a reasonable accommodation.
Apply for Pastry Chefs - London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly