Front Desk Agent - London
Front Desk Agent - London
Our Front Desk Team take pride in creating a guest experience that is original, memorable and totally one-of-a kind. Fun, authentic, gracious and passionate, the team are dedicated to curating singularly inspired guest experiences.
Our Front Office Manager, Ioana, is currently looking for a friendly and experienced Front Desk Agent with the passion and drive to deliver the bespoke Mondrian experience our guests have come to expect. Have you got it?
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Fluent in the English language, both spoken and written, and able to converse at all levels.
- Flexible to work a range of shifts, including weekends and public holidays as required.
- Excellent communication and guest interaction skills and passionate about hospitality
- A fun and genuine demeanor with the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues and management.
- Knowledge of Opera PMS is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide a friendly and genuine welcome for all hotel guests.
- To Check-in and Check-out hotel guests in accordance with company policy.
- To handle all guest comments, queries, feedback and requests promptly and courteously, following up thoroughly and efficiently.
- To complete all reporting and administrative duties required throughout the shift.
- Coordinate with the Housekeeping Team to ensure room readiness and suitability.
- Coordinate with the Bell Team to ensure the timely delivery of guest luggage and arrangement of transportation.
- To complete designated cashiering duties and to count and balance your personal bank at the end of each shift.
- To have a comprehensive and thorough knowledge of Hotel facilities, availability and room types.
Who are we?
We are a family of passionate individuals, committed to authenticity, sophistication, mastery and innovation. We are dedicated to training and development and provide our team with the tools to succeed in the future.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a range of benefits that include:
- Full on-the-job training and development opportunities.
- Constructive and regular Performance Review system.
- 28 days holiday (increasing based on length of service).
- Quarterly Employee Award Ceremony, team activities and social events.
- Discounted Employee and Friends & Family rates on rooms and F&B.
- Meals on duty and uniforms/ dry-cleaning provided.
- Discounted Gym membership.
- Enrolment into schemes and incentives such as Ride to Work, Season ticket loan, Childcare vouchers and Pension.
OUR STAGE IS THE WORLD. OUR TIME IS NOW.
You must have the Right to Work in the UK to be eligible for this role. Documentation may be required at interview stage. sbe is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and incumbents are selected, placed, trained, compensated and promoted without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital, or disability or other classifications protected by applicable law. In addition, sbe provides a reasonable accommodation for applicants/incumbents with disabilities. Please advise Human Resources if you require a reasonable accommodation.