Finance Assistant (Purchase Ledger) - Woolwich
GLL makes community services and spaces better for everyone. And it’s about more than just money. Our people invest time, energy and effort into helping and improving communities through the services we offer - and with great results. Through “Better” we provide leisure centres, children’s services, spas, libraries, extreme spots, event spaces and standalone gyms.
GLL is looking for a Finance Assistant to work in the Purchase Ledger team, in our busy Finance department based at head office in Woolwich, South East London.
The role of the Purchase Ledger Assistant will involve working on all elements of the purchase Ledger function.
Key aspects of the role will include:
- Posting invoices onto the system via a PO system
- Investigating manual invoices
- Statement reconciliation
- Checking coding and invoice queries which need follow up with Managers
- Reconciling the weekly payment run
- Checking centres Petty Cash claims
- Dealing with supplier queries via phone and email
You will have:
- Ability to work in a large team
- Experience of working in different Purchase Ledger environments
- Proven track record and strong attention to detail
- Previous experience of processing purchase orders and invoices
- Experience of computerised systems including Excel. An awareness of accounting packages would be preferable
- Excellent written and verbal communication
In return, we offer a range of benefits that you'd expect from the UK's largest leisure provider:
- Pension schemes
- Childcare vouchers
- Ride to work scheme
- Discounted membership at our leisure centres
- The opportunity to join the GLL Society and have a say in how we're run plus associated social events
- Career pathways
- Ongoing training and development
If you have the skills for this job, please apply now.
All pay rates are subject to skills, experience, qualifications, age and location.
To be shortlisted for the role, internal applicants will need to demonstrate their commitment to GLL by becoming a Society member where eligible.
GLL is the UK’s largest leisure provider and one of the first and largest leisure social enterprises. Our aim is to get more people, more active, more of the time whilst making leisure and community facilities accessible and affordable. We partner with local authorities to run leisure centres, swimming pools, libraries, children’s centres, spas, events spaces and world-class sporting venues such as the Copper Box Arena and London Aquatics Centre on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park - all under our Better brand. As a not-for-profit organisation, we’re different. Passionate about seeing our communities thrive, we invest back into our facilities, projects and people and are an Investors in People Silver Award employer.
GLL is an equal opportunities employer.