Head Chef - Conference and Banqueting
What is the main purpose of the role?
As Head Chef you will be involved in developing seasonal menus, daily preparation and fantastic presentation of food for all our guests. You will be a responsible, dedicated and strong leader with the ability to manage a brigade of talented chefs.
You will be able to train and develop your team supportively and professionally. Ensuring the overall business achieves its ultimate potential in that of sales and profitability through creating an environment for customers which is stylish, contemporary, offering high quality modern food.
The Ideal Candidate
As Head Chef, it is essential you can demonstrate the following skills and competencies:
• Previous experience as Head Chef in a 4* or 5* hotel
• Fast paced environment strongly preferred.
• Proven track record of managing and developing the food offer in different businesses, delivering KPI’S
• Full understanding of stock management and recipe creation in a safe kitchen environment
• Must possess the proven ability to lead a team
• Strong organisational and project management skills
• Personality and flair with the ability to communicate and cooperate effectively at all levels both internally and with our guests
• You should also be commercially aware, financially astute and able to create business plans to drive sales and profitability.
• It is essential that you hold NVQ, 1,2,3 or City & Guilds equivalent in Intermediate Food Hygiene and it would be beneficial if you could speak a foreign language and were in possession of the following:
ï§ Craft Trainer Certificate
ï§ First Aider
ï§ D32 Assessor