Receptionist - White Water - National Water Sports Centre
Receptionist (White Water) - Six Month Fixed Term Contract
30 Hours per Week (Flexible)
National WaterSports Centre, Nottingham
£7.54-£7.83 per hour (Age Dependent) + Excellent Benefits
The National Water Sports Centre is just 10 minutes from the city of Nottingham and yet feels a world away. Within the site is a 2km Regatta Lake and a 700m White Water Course which were purpose built for elite athletes to train and compete at the highest level.
As the venue for Olympic selection for the Great Britain flat water canie and kayak teams, as well as national and international events, we pride ourselves on fully understanding the needs of world class athletes in preparation for a major competition. As such we have recently refurbished all of our accommodation and catering facilities to ensure our elite athletes receive the best experience possible while training and competing at The National Water Sports Centre.
We are currently recruiting for a two receptionists to work approximately 30 hours per week, covering shifts 5 days out of 7 on a rolling rota basis, you will be required to work earlies, lates, and weekends.
In the role of Receptionist you will be the front line customer service for the public entering the National WaterSports Centres White Water area. This role will entail providing an excellent customer experience through outstanding communication skills, in person and over the telephone, and dealing with enquiries. Previous experience in a customer facing role in a busy environment is key to the role of Receptionist.
- Greet and book-in customers on a computerised booking system to the National WaterSports Centre and the hotel facilities
- Deal with cash transactions
- Ensure relevant information is continuously available to customers
- Deal with first line customer enquires or complaints
- Interact with customers via the customer desk telephone and emails, including takingcustomer bookings for hotel reservations and activity bookings.
Key skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Demonstrable previous experience of dealing face to face with customers in a busy environment
- Maths and English GCSE level C or equivalent
- Excellent communication and customer care skills
- Basic cash handling ability
- IT ability, with computerised booking system exposure being advantageous
- The ability to remain mature and calm under pressure
- An organised, team player, with high levels of interpersonal skills
Benefits available to the successful applicant include:
- 20 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays (Rising 1 day per year, up to a maximum of 25)
- Free Gym Membership
- Staff Meal Discount
- Paid Overtime Opportunities
- Pension Scheme
- Family Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Discount and Money Off Vouchers for a range of goods and services
- Work & Life Support ServiceOn occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.