Finance Supervisor - London
Finance Supervisor - Shangri-La Hotel, At The Shard, London
It takes a very special kind of person to work at Shangri-La: someone with an eye for detail and the skills to perform. Someone with an attitude to deliver and a passion to delight.
We are diverse, warm and caring but also demanding, dynamic and innovative.
As with every property in the group, Shangri-La Hotel, At The Shard, London, will operate on a simple yet powerful philosophy of Shangri-La hospitality from warm, caring people.
The uniquely Asian view of service at this luxury hotel in London embodies the core values of respect, helpfulness, courtesy, sincerity and humility. These qualities have been the cornerstone of the Shangri-La success.
We currently have a vacancy for a Finance Supervisor joining our Team.
Reporting to the Finance Manager the Finance Supervisor is responsible for:
- making sure that the monthly management reporting is submitted according to corporate timetable
- assisting with the preparation of monthly financial statements
- maintaining assigned balance sheet reconciliations
- assisting the team in covering holiday
- preparing month-end journals
- making sure that all bank accounts are reconciled and any discrepancies are resolved on a weekly basis
The Finance Supervisor must have a complete understanding all hotel operations and finances and maintain a good working relationship with other departments in the hotel.
- ACCA or CIMA – Either qualified or studying towards qualification
- Sun Financial Systems; Microsoft Excel & Word
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Professional level of English
- Relevant experience in a similar function.
- Good understanding of hotel/restaurant business.
- Previous experience as an Finance Supervisor
- ADP Freedom
- Initiative and ability to work independently.
- Honesty & integrity.
- Commitment to complete all duties on time.
- Commitment to professional values.
- Business acumen
Our proposition to you
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we believe that with the right attitude, anything is possible at Shangri-La and we will invest heavily in your training, offering a variety of programmes for all levels, as well as our own training school, the Shangri-La Academy.
Our aim is always to keep and reward the very best. So each year we fill most of the company’s management positions via internal promotions and transfers and with over 50 projects in development around the world, the opportunities are endless.
We also recognize our responsibility to society and to the environment, and have developed policies and practises which make a real difference.
If you wish to be considered for this role, please send us your CV together with a cover letter which must include the following:
- salary expectations
- specific details of your current entitlement to take up employment in the UK
Please note that all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK, without restrictions. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from all candidates