Match Day Safety Steward - London
5 days left
- Job Type
- Part Time
Match Day Safety Steward - Chelsea FC
Hours of Work: Approximately 5 ½ hours per match day
Contract: Casual, all match days August – May
Location: Stamford Bridge, Fulham Road, London SW6 1HS
Reporting to: Match Day Safety Officer
Department: Health & Safety
Job Function: To act in accordance with the general recommendations of the Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds (Green Guide) and the specific requirements of the Safety Certificate issued by the Local Authority under the Safety of Sports Ground Act 1975.
- Ensure that you report for duty on time.
- Adhere to the Stadium dress code.
- Attend pre match briefings and post-match debriefings, to sign in and out and to determine duties.
- Know the location of and be able to operate effectively, if safe to do so, the fire-fighting equipment at the ground.
- Know the location of the First Aid Rooms and any First Aid Equipment kept elsewhere in the Stadium.
- Be fully conversant with any methods or signals used to alert staff that an Emergency has arisen.
- Be capable of recognising potential fire hazards and suspect packages, reporting such findings immediately to a Supervisor, the Chief Steward, the Deputy Safety Officer or the Safety Officer.
- Comply promptly with any instruction given in an emergency by a Supervisor, the Chief Steward, the Deputy Safety Officer, the Safety Officer or a Police Officer.
- Identify and investigate any incident or occurrence among Spectators, reporting their findings to a Supervisor, the Chief Steward, the Deputy Safety Officer or the Safety Officer.
- Monitor the Spectators throughout the Stadium for signs of distress or overcrowding and take action in accordance with standing instructions.
- Prevent overcrowding by ensuring the Spectator limits in various parts of the Stadium are complied with.
- Prevent Spectators, as far as possible, from climbing fences and other structures and from standing on seats.
- Ensure that gangways and exits are kept clear at all times.
- Staff all entrances and exits.
- Remain at your allocated post as instructed unless authorised or ordered to do otherwise by a Supervisor, the Chief Steward, the Deputy Safety Officer or the Safety Officer.
- Report to a Supervisor, the Chief Steward, the Deputy Safety Officer or the Safety Officer any damage which is likely to pose a threat to Spectator safety e.g. a damaged seat.
- Assist in the prevention of a pitch incursion/invasion.
- Assist as required in the evacuation of the Stadium.
- Assist in the identification of Spectators who are banned from the Stadium or who do not possess tickets or who are in possession of forged tickets.
- Assist in the prevention of breaches of the Ground Regulations.
- Develop an excellent knowledge of the geographical layout of the Stadium in which you are employed, in particular its entry and exit routes and to know the emergency evacuation messages as relevant to all areas of the stadium.
- Previous experience of managing Spectators at sporting events either as a Safety Steward or in another acceptable capacity is preferable but not essential as training is a legal requirement and will be provided.
- Must be able to communicate calmly and effectively with the Safety Steward Supervisor, the Chief Steward, the Deputy Safety Officer and the Safety Officer when under duress.
- Must be able to communicate with Spectators at all levels at all times particularly under hostile and challenging circumstances.
- Must have good people management skills.
- Must be able to provide basic Emergency First Aid.
- Good Customer Care skills would be advantageous.
- Must be able to work as part of a team.
- Must be able to achieve an NVQ Level 2 in Spectator Safety within one year of accepting post or as soon as practicable thereafter.
- All applicants must be available to work weekends and evenings and commit to being available between August and May.
- We can only accept applicants above the age of 18 for this vacancy.
- To be available to work weekends and evenings and commit to being available between August and May.
- To be fit, active and capable of carrying out all Stewarding duties.
- To have good communication skills.
- To be clean and tidy in appearance.
- No drinking alcohol before or whilst on duty.
- Not under the influence of illegal drugs at any time whilst acting as a Safety Steward.
- No eating whilst on duty.
- No smoking whilst on duty.
Closing Date:29th June 2018
Interviews Commencing: 9th July 2018
The Employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst Employees and customers.
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club