Head of Culture & Programming - London
Head of Culture & Programming - Ennismore London
We are currently looking for a Head of Culture & Programming to join the Ennismore team.
We’ll look to you to lead our community and cultural events programme across all Hoxton hotels. It’s an exciting opportunity to drive what ‘culture’ at The Hoxton is by shaping our cultural agenda and immersing yourself in each of our communities at a local and global level.
We need someone who is culturally curious, creatively ambitious, a lover of being out and about, with no ego, who has genuine relationships and goodwill with exciting people and brands.
The role reports into our Brand Director, based in London; but we’re open to you being based either in London or New York.
What you’ll do…
We don't go for strict job descriptions, with our start up mentality we all like to get mucked in. However, here's an idea of how we see the role:
Cultural Marketing Events
- Lead a global hero series strategy, connecting our properties together through programming cultural experiences, whilst ensuring we are deeply rooted in our neighbourhood communities.
- Inspire and lead a team of Cultural Events & PR Managers, across multiple Hoxton properties. Create processes for sharing and communicating, making it fun and ensuring the quality of programming and partners is consistently excellent.
- Working closely with the Cultural Marketing Team, produce a dynamic, yet well-balanced calendar of quality, culturally relevant events – creating a space for conversation, from the fun to the fundamental.
- Create and spot opportunities for key calendar/topical moments or series, with credible, brand-relevant partners.
- Together with the Brand Director and Head of PR & Comms, ensure our events are inspiring and well attended. Collaborate on a content strategy to amplify beyond the event attendees, to raise the profile of The Hoxton as a go-to place for events.
- Work with the Operations teams at the hotels to pull off seamless guest experiences for all our events.
- Manage the Cultural Marketing budget.
Cultural Brand Partnerships
- Create strong brand partnerships to demonstrate The Hoxton’s relevance in culture and to elevate our event programme and brand, globally and locally.
- Curate long-term partnerships that can elevate the guest experience and drive talkability.
- Be present at events, networking and forging new relationships; help us stay on top of the cultural conversation and ahead of the competition.
- Be a role model in representing The Hoxton’s values and behaviours, live and breathe the brand.
- Select, suggest and manage brand ambassadors to build strong and unique relationships with The Hoxton, across different industries, that will add credibility and insights and will best represent The Hoxton brand. And to ensure that they are long term fans of the brand.
- Create a framework for how we engage with our ambassadors effectively in a mutually beneficial way.
The kind of person we’re looking for…
- Around 8 years’ experience creating and pulling off a program of public events that go beyond brand marketing activations, across industries such as art, fashion, music, tech, wellness and the like.
- Ready to take a strategic, programmatic approach and translate it into localised, relevant, experiential activities; comfortable being both a thinker and a doer.
- Previous experience leading a team, also remotely.
- Able to tap into a personal network of strong contacts within a variety of different industries for future collaborations at The Hoxton.
- At ease when dealing with many different types of people; able to build relationships with the right decision makers within companies and develop these into strong partnerships.
- Enthusiastic, confident and sociable; comfortable being out and about at events, ready to lead an event when needed.
- Excellent communicator, both verbal & written.
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and above all has fun with it along the way.
This is a very special opportunity to join an extremely exciting company, which is growing rapidly. We hope to hear from you soon!
Founded by Sharan Pasricha, Ennismore is a global hospitality company and curator of unique properties and experiences. Headquartered in London, the group is part developer, part operator and part in-house creative studio.
We began our story with the Hoxton hotels, disrupting the hotel with its open house ethos, celebrating the diversity and originality of the local neighbourhoods. Since then our portfolio has grown to include the Scottish landmark Gleneagles, several stand-alone restaurants in London, the continued expansion of the Hoxton in the UK, Europe and the US, and the upcoming launch of a new brand that will re-imagine the budget hotel model.
It’s safe to say our ambition to create experiences that inspire discovery and to do more things that are, simply put, fun, knows no bounds and will continue to take us many exciting places.