PPM Engineer - London
PPM Engineer - St James Court Hotel
Responsible to: Assistant Chief Engineer, Chief Engineer
Responsible to: Planned Preventive Maintenance Program
The PPM Engineer will be responsible for maintenance/ technical attention in accordance with the PPM program to guest rooms and public areas in the entire hotel. The PPM Engineer working hours will be aligned with the days of the week that typically has the greatest room availability. The PPM Engineer will also be responsible for working to stipulated quotas, for ensuring those areas are left in a safe condition and for the proper use and security of PPM equipment and trolley.
Responsible for carrying out regular planned maintenance in the bedrooms and public areas effectively and efficiently. To carry out other maintenance tasks as may be required by the demands of the hotel. Ensuring all areas are maintained to the high standard expected by our guests. To prioritise incoming work with safety and our guests comfort being attended to first. To advise Assistant Chief Engineer, Chief Engineer of any concerns associated with your work schedule. To be proactive and enthusiastic in your job at all times.
In addition to the job purpose, this position requires the performance of a combination of the following supportive functions within the hotel:
- Demonstrate initiative at all times.
- To carry out routine maintenance, per checklists, on a number of bedrooms per day.
- To liaise with Housekeeping on availability of rooms.
- To carry out routine maintenance within public areas as directed by the Assistant Chief Engineer, Chief Engineer.
- Prioritize work schedules in accordance with guest needs.
- To check on a frequent basis, relevant guest requests and complete guest issues on same day. Room occupancies are to be checked for availability by communicating with Housekeeping.
- Complete all work orders as required in a timely fashion. Ensure that adequate protection is in place whilst carrying out all works, leaving areas clean and tidy on task completion.
- All stock areas will be maintained in a systematic and tidy condition at all times; new stock stored as required in the correct location; and adequate notice given to Assistant Chief Engineer, Chief Engineer for re-ordering purposes.
- Your work area will be kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Assist other engineers as and when required. Carry out project related works as and when necessary.
- To comply with all health & safety policies and fire regulations, ensuring documentation is up to date.
- Ensure all work practices adhere to company and statutory legislation with due diligence at all times.
- The Permit to Work system will be adhered to at all times.
- To be aware of all Health, Safety and Fire regulations and to abide by their terms.
- To demonstrate proper and safe usage of all equipment.
- To maintain high standards of personal hygiene at all times and be immaculately presented at all times.
- To ensure that the full uniform is worn at all times, including name badge, and the correct safety attire is used for appropriate jobs.
- To report any incidents/accidents to the Duty Manager. Your Blueprint for success: In this role you will impact the company strategy as follows:
- Daily data collection per check sheets and reporting of issues as they arise. Support and participate in departmental objectives.
- Knowledge of and compliance with Hotel standards.
- Diligence in prevention of wastage.
- Attendance at relevant training courses is compulsory, including thorough support of all departmental training.
- Be contactable at all times by carrying a dect phone or radio, and responding promptly at all times.
- Carry out assigned duties in respect of firefighting, fire protection and safety, and be familiar with firefighting equipment.
Ensure full liaison with other members of the department. Strong communication with other departments, projecting a positive, helpful and friendly approach at all times. Work as a team with all members of the department, to ensure hotel objectives are met. Assistance and teamwork with contractors who may be on site on project work.