Sous Chef/ Senior Sous Chef - Isle of Wight
SOUS CHEF / SENIOR SOUS CHEF
4* The Royal Hotel, 2 AA Rosettes for food excellence.
Ventnor, Isle of Wight
£26,000- £30,000 (Sous)
£28,000- £35,000 (Senior Sous)
Head Chef Jon-Paul Charlo is looking to recruit an outstanding Sous Chef or Senior Sous Chef to join his talented team of Chefs at the award winning 4* Royal Hotel in Ventnor, Isle of Wight. The well-established restaurant has held 2 AA Rosettes for excellent food for over 20 consecutive years and has appeared in every Michelin Good Food Guide since its inception.
Do you have the positive, can-do attitude required to work in one of the Island’s most renowned kitchens?
Do you dream of relocating to an idyllic location? Property prices on the island are very attractive, this is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for a new challenge in a beautiful scenic area with a fantastic lifestyle.
This exciting opportunity is open to an experienced and talented chef who can lead and inspire others with their exceptional culinary skills and knowledge.
You will be part of the management team, reporting to the Head Chef and Senior Sous Chef. In return, we will develop you and increase your food knowledge and teach you a wide range of skills.
For the right candidate we can offer:
- Excellent pay package of £26,000- £35,000 (Dependent on Role / Experience)
- Attractive benefits package including Equal Share of Staff Tips.
- Friendly, enjoyable work environment with a sense of belonging.
- Working for an award-winning hotel on the beautiful Isle of Wight.
- 28 days holiday.
- No breakfast shifts.
- A commitment to learning and development.
- Hard work is rewarded.
We require that you:
- Sous Chef – Have at least 4 years’ experience in a Rosette or Michelin star restaurant with at least 1 year as Senior Chef de Partie or Junior Sous Chef.
- Senior Sous Chef – Have at least 4-5 years’ experience working in a kitchen with 2 Rosettes/Michelin star or above in a senior position.
- Capable of working on all sections including sauce and possibly pastry
- Good time keeping, Positive attitude, enthusiasm
- Good financial acumen and understanding of menu costings and budgets.
- Passionate about food and your profession
- Experience of managing a team of 12 or more chefs.
- Strong leadership and development skills to train and inspire others.
- Excellent knowledge and passion for local fresh food with creative ideas for new dishes.
- Proven ability to run a kitchen and maintain consistency on the Head Chef’s days off.
- Knowledge and experience of a Food Safety Management System based on HACCP.
- Level 3 Food Hygiene qualified (if not, full training will be given for the right candidate).
- A strong desire to succeed, improve and learn.
Please Note: We are always on the lookout for talented and ambitious Chefs at various levels including, Chef de Partie, Pastry Chef, Senior Chef de Partie and Junior Sous. Please send your CV to the address below.
If you are ready to take the next step in your career as a Sous / Senior SousChef with us, please apply immediately.
Closing date for applications 5th July 2018.