Swimming Teacher Administrator - Kingston
Swimming Teacher Administrator - Kingston
Sports Generation has been created to provide high quality coaching and development in a number of sports. The basic principle behind our coaching philosophy is to build confidence and develop skills in order to maximize potential and build a greater understanding of the specific sport itself.
At Sports Generation we recognise that one of the major challenges for parents is encouraging their children to participate in sport. We are experienced in improving confidence levels, which in turn improves skills base and fitness, all factors which we believe are crucial in motivating children to continue to take part in, and to actively enjoy, their chosen sport.
We are currently recruiting for an administrator for our ever-growing team of swimming teachers.
Summary of Position
To deliver swimming lessons to the Sports Generation company standard. To assist the Swimming Co-ordinator in developing the program. To take bookings and record data accurately alongside the Swimming Co-ordinator and other team members. Liaise with the teaching team daily keeping them informed of any changes to their classes/lessons and registers.
Contact with existing and prospective clients in relation to classes and trials on a daily basis to offer classes in the program for swimming and other sporting activities which may come on stream in the future. Provision of support and client contact is expected to be more significant during termly priority booking periods and promotional events. Accuracy of recording of class changes within the established systems is business critical, therefore attention to details must be:
- Deliver quality customer service within 24 hours to all new and existing clients.
- Contact all teachers weekly to discuss classes and review registers and also the trials.
- Provide support to office team as required on all matters relating to client contact and promotion when required.
Provide high quality teaching for children's swimming lessons from parent & baby, non-swimmer, beginner to squad level. May include some adult teaching sessions. Lesson planning must conform to Sports Generation structures.
Provide structure to lessons ensuring children (or adults) can build on their skills and demonstrate a good understanding of appropriate swimming techniques for their identified level with the aim of progressing them through the swim level structure over time.
Submit progress reports for pupils at the designated time each term so follow on term classes can be appropriately scheduled and progress can be easily and clearly discussed with parents.
Engage with, and build trust of, the children and parents attending sessions.
Ensure familiarity with Sports Generation Normal Operating Procedures(NOP) and Emergency Operating Procedures EOP) applicable to the rota.
Ensure the location of the Accident Book and First Aid Kit is known and if they need replacing/replenishing raise this immediately with Site Manager or in their absence revert to Swimming Manager.
Ensure site standards are maintained, including signage is correctly displayed in all areas, functionality of all facilities are working effectively and appropriately stocked with tissue, soaps etc, and cleanliness is maintained at all times.
Ensure familiarity with Sports Generation open/close protocols specific to the site relevant to tutelage and deliver on their requirements.
Ensure that prior to, during and at the end of the swimming rota that all equipment is tidily stored.
Ensure Sports Generation philosophy and approach is promoted at all times with pool owners, children, parents and with prospective clients and adhere to Terms of Trade for Self Employed Contractors.
Qualifications & Training
- STA/AST LEVEL 2 TEACHING AWARD AND CERTIFICATE.
- IoS or AST Insurance.
- DBS Enhanced Certificate.
- Aquatic First Aid Certificate (Level 2).
- Excellent standard of written and verbal English communications.
- Able to manage a team
- 1-2 year minimum swimming teaching for group and one to one sessions - 3 months to 15 year olds.
- 1 year minimum administrative skills in fast paced environment where accuracy is critical and one requiring team interactions.
- Ability to work as a team and under pressure
Qualities & Attitude
- Ability to instil confidence and gain trust quickly.
- Deliver lessons with enthusiasm.
- Diligent in maintaining a professional and clean work area.
- Work safely.
- Interactive, attentive and adaptive to parent/child personalities/demands
- Friendly, personable and time efficient
- Leadership experience
- KEY- understanding the local market and the company’s needs.
- Understand and assimilate Sports Generation philosophy and translate this to the pool and in client communications.
- Understand termly targets of each level of swimming lesson relevant to work schedule.
- Understand the location productivity targets.
- Keep up to date with marketing efforts of Sports Generation to be able to talk knowledgeably with clients and prospective clients for retention and promotional purposes.
- Knowledge of location protocols.
- Understanding of the NTP
- Word/Excel/Powerpoint and marketing platforms
- Able to demonstrate working under pressure and to tight timelines
- Fantastic organisational skills
Note: This job description is not exhaustive and will be subject to periodic review. It may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The post holder will be expected to participate in this process and we would aim to reach agreement on any changes.
Apply for Swimming Teacher Administrator - Kingston
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly