Duty Officer - London
Duty Officers - Colfe’s Leisure Centre, London
We are currently looking for two hard-working and dedicated Duty Officers to work a variety of days/shifts at the Leisure Centre. Prior experience working in a leisure/supervisory role is desirable, and candidates must hold a current NPLQ (National Pool Lifeguard Qualification).
The Duty Officer is quite often the first port of call for customer enquiries/comments and manages a small team of staff, so candidates must be able to communicate clearly and effectively in person.
Responsible to: Leisure Centre Operations Manager
- Opening/closing of the centre (keyholder)
- Plant room checks & pool tests
- Health & safety checks
- Membership tours & enquiries
- Supervision of a small staff team
- Cashing up
- Lifeguarding (where required)
- Organising cover
- General admin duties
- A current NPLQ (National Pool Lifeguard Qualification) is essential
- Other Management or Leisure based qualifications are desirable
- Prior Management or Leisure Centre work experience is desirable
- Must be able to communicate effectively in person, on the phone and via email
- Flexibility in working shifts, learning new skills and covering other roles (within reason)
- A passion for working within the leisure industry and desire to learn & grow
- Patience and a good customer service when dealing with customers
- High standards of cleanliness and service with attention to detail
Staff appointed to posts are expected to maintain high professional standards. Those who join Colfe’s can expect to become part of a caring, purposeful and committed community.