Marketing and Membership Assistant - London
Marketing and Membership Assistant - Roehampton, London
Reporting to: the Marketing and Membership Manager
Roehampton Club is London’s premier members’ multi-sports club offering a wide range of facilities including golf, tennis, squash, Health Club with gym and indoor and outdoor pools, along with a full catering provision – all delivered to the highest standards. We also offer Members and their Guests a programme of social events, sports competitions and coaching along with hosting external events, weddings, conferences and team-building away days. Significant investment is being made to enhance the standards across the club with the goal of achieving excellence in all areas. The Club has 5,000 members (3,600 adults and 1,400 juniors) and needs to communicate effectively with all of them.
We are seeking to recruit a full-time Marketing and Membership Assistant to help deliver the Club’s existing marketing and membership strategy. To communicate with Members online via regular the website, e-newsletters and social media is crucial.
- Assist with internal member communications including:
- Circulation of fortnightly Roehampton Recorder newsletter both print and online version,
- Creation and circulation of regular section emails such as Racquets Round Up e-newsletter,
- create and send internal and external promotional emails and mailings
- Manage the website and Member-only section of the website and their databases using the Wordpress CMS system – liaise with other section team members to create and keep content up to date.
- Assist with the management of the Club brand, including photography and ensuring consistency in presentation
- Keep marketing materials and Member information up to date online and in all areas of the Club
- Assist with the writing, editing and proof reading of all Club marketing and communication material including the annual Member Guide, Annual Report and event publicity.
- Assist with the promotion of the Club’s social events calendar and Member-led events
- Maintain and develop the online presence of the Club; including event websites, Google, Adwords, PPC advertising, Analytics and social media including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIN
- Manage all Arts Group, PhotoClub and crèche communications and promotion
- Work with the designer and HR Manager to produce the monthly Staff Newsletter
- Ad-hoc membership duties as required
While full training will be given, the ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- With a good degree level or equivalent education, you must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally. You should be able to manage your time and resources effectively and efficiently and have the ability to ‘multi task’.
- A background in design and experience of working in a similar marketing environment
- Sound knowledge of digital marketing techniques and tools including using CMS systems for websites and email campaigns, and the ability to quickly adapt to other systems
- Excellent IT skills especially in the use of: Word, Adobe Suite: InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator and PowerPoint
- Good knowledge of database management and CRM systems
- Excellent attention to detail and reliability
Benefits include: competitive salary, meals while on duty, use of Club facilities after a qualifying period, death in service of 4 x salary, training support and pension.
Please send a CV with a covering letter detailing how you meet the key criteria to by 5pm on Friday 15th June 2018. Interviews will be held week commencing 18th June and we would like the successful candidate to start mid July.