Waiting/Bar Staff - Consett
Waiting/Bar Staff - The Lord Crewe Arms, Blanchland
The Lord Crewe Arms is set in the small, remote and very picturesque village of Blanchland high on the Northumbrian Moors in the North Pennines. It is a hotel that is difficult to place into conventional star rated categories. The ground floor has the feeling of a very special and atmospheric pub, serving really good food, in a unique atmosphere. The bar is a place for locals and visitors alike, serving good beer, well-chosen wines and coffee all day. The bedrooms are supremely comfortable with top quality beds, linen and towelling, in a modern country style. Everything is held together by exceptional service, friendly and natural, relaxed, but engaged and professional.
We are currently looking for a Waiter/Bar Staff to join our team at The Lord Crewe Arms.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Gain knowledge of all of the food product sold in the hotel
- To assist the Chef de Rang by being at his/her disposal during service
- To work with the Chef de Rang on the station to a very high standard
- Implementing the hotel’s high standard practice & policies
- Ensuring high standards of spot check of tables, inside and outside areas
- Maintain a high personal standard of grooming
- Relaxed approach to work, friendly, courteous, well-mannered and polite
Knowledge, experience and skills required:
- Previous experience in working within a similar environment
- Previous supervisory experience
- High working practices and standards
- Strong Interpersonal skills
Training and support:
The company runs an integrated scheme designed to reach all levels under the banner of the Calcot Academy. We are committed to people development at all stages and the long service of our key staff bears witness to this.
Applicants should be aware that at the present time we cannot consider anyone not holding an EU passport because of immigration legislation.
All candidates must prove that they are eligible to live and work in the UK. We cannot assist with obtaining visas.