Activity Instructor - Nationwide
Activity Instructor (Art) - RESIDENTIAL - Accommodation Available
Reporting to: Camp Manager
Summary of Position:
Ultimate Activity Camps is a leading provider of holiday childcare in the UK. Our trusted holiday camps operate at venues across the country and offer outstanding activity provision to children and peace of mind to their parents.
The role of Activity Instructor (Art) is to ensure the welfare and safety of the children on camp is maintained at all times, and to deliver outstanding, structured Art and play activities.
You will be expected to deliver (with supporting resources) art and play activities to children aged between 6 and 14 years, with the emphasis being on participation, structure, care and development. You will have a pastoral role, being the group leader and key contact for a group of children on camp, taking a lead in maintaining their welfare and providing high quality care. As well as leading sessions, staff will contribute to the high standard of physical, emotional, and social care offered by Ultimate Activity Camps.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and deliver activities for children aged 6-14, focusing on participation, development, and enjoyment.
- Ensure all policies and procedures on camp are adhered to by yourself and the children in your care, including all health and safety, and safeguarding procedures.
- Continuously promote the welfare of the children in your care
- Take a pastoral role as a group leader, welcoming new children into your group and liaising with the Camp Manager and/or parents as necessary.
- Supervision of children outside of activity times.
- At all times behave in a manner that reflects the expectations of Ultimate Activity Camps.
- Live up to the Ultimate Activity Camp promise of ‘Inspiring Children Everyday’ throughout your employment
- Show the required energy, enthusiasm and professionalism for the duration of the season, acting as an ambassador for Ultimate Activity Camps and behaving as a suitable role model for children.
- Other ad-hoc duties (cleaning, equipment maintenance/ordering etc.)
- Qualified in, or working towards relevant art or education qualification, with experience of working with children and delivering art activities.
- Able to tailor delivery and structure according to age and ability.
- Enthusiastic, energetic individual, passionate about working with, and developing children through play and activity.
- Good organisation and communication skills.
- Flexible, team player, able to adapt to dynamic situations and challenges on camp.
Someone looking for a challenging, different but hugely rewarding and fun job in the holidays, and looking to further their career in the childcare and coaching industry
- Contract: Seasonal work available in School Holidays (Easter, Summer and Half Terms)
- Hours: 8.30 – 5.30pm week days. Full time or part time roles available